GAA Videos

Aidan Butler I’d say

1 Like

He was excellent in 2002 final v Kilkenny even though clearly not fit. He got a bad looking injury in 2nd half.

As an aside, unlike some here, I think he’s very good on Wooly’s podcast.

2 Likes

The match is worth watching back for Michael Ryan’s hapless performance at corner back alone.

The standard of hurling in the early to mid 90s at all levels was atrocious yet you have lads who claim the standard of hurling now has never been lower. Some jokers.

1 Like

A clip about a seemingly near crowd disaster at the 1988 All-Ireland hurling final. Hillsborough was 7 months later.

10:30 in here.

1 Like

Serious fireworks on the panel there you’d pine for the days of firebrands like Donal o Grady who weren’t afraid to speak their mind

Cregan was an excellent pundit.

The Cregan/Loughnane spat was gold.

Ah he was decent but that row was all down to loughnane who along with brolly and possibly Spillane are the only three properly ‘colourful’ lads I can remember. my point is most of the panelists have been as boring as bat shit since time immemorial and this narrative created by Joe brolly doesn’t really stand up to scrutiny

Not to mention Lyster working through the same script there that he used for over 30 years.

In addition to being a very good pundit Éamonn clearly had excellent taste in jumpers also which can’t be discounted.

1 Like

My memory of that was that Loughnane behaved like a child. It made it worse that they had won the all Ireland and he hadn’t a shred of class. It was disappointing as he had just achieved an incredible feat

I recall there was one of the Summer Pride series about Finbarr’s in Cabra and possibly also Skerries Harps but I can’t find them online.

Crossmaglen Rangers BBC documentary 1995