Galway - quadruple travails part 2

I think it’s Brian Molloy or somebody else. Defo not the same snozzle as Jayo.

No I thought that too. He’s like a relation of Michael Donnellan.

Id have to agree, what a fanny.

Murphy, in his final paragraph, omitted possibly Tuam’s greatest sons in half a century……

3 Likes

That is a great article. Fair play for sharing. Jim Carney always struck me as a bit of a chancer but good craic with it. There is something about Tuam. A great town for sport and the arts

1 Like

Is anyone clear as to what tactics or gameplan Shefflin is trying to put in place? The players certainly seems none the wiser

1 Like

@Bandage had this called about a month into his reign.

I presume the madness of playing Daithi at 6 will be finished. KK could have 6 goals in the 1st 20 mins and the centre wide open. As for Conor Cooney :rofl:

I can’t understand what McInerney brings to the party either tbh

Galway’s short puck out strategy is non existent. Their forward line is pretty much 6 x independent republics and there seems to be a few key players being played out of position. Despite all this they will give anyone a game.

Henry seems to be above criticism. Possibly down to his personal troubles which is fair enough I suppose but he is under achieving with the players at his disposal.

5 Likes

Galway v Tipp should be a good game.

Rarely a bad one at any level between the counties as both will go out and hurl away.

4 Likes

Exactly, our forwards play like they hate each other. Our best forward has been hanging around the half back line for the past five years too, pucking ball up to where he should be.

2-26 would suggest our issues are further vack the field.

The supporters behind the goals?

2 Likes

Yeah, it must break your heart to be a Galway hurling fan. They seem to do so many small things wrong but still get close.
Niland should be roasted for not bothering his hole chasing Butler back. Hard to understand the mindset of a lad who has been trying to get on the team for a few years now.

1 Like

It really really does

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

4 Likes

The atmosphere in the Pat McDonagh Só Hotel Plaza in Bullaun was somber. However the big man left RTE News on so there was a communal wince of 300-400 people upon the replay of Buckley’s last gasp winner at around 8pm this evening.

1 Like

I only posted what was coming back (second hand) from the players. :man_shrugging:t3:

I think the Galway keeper’s all time great display in the semi-final defeat to Limerick last year masked the lack of tactics/direction/game plan to a large extent. It let them exit the championship with honour intact. I was awestruck watching a keeper single-handedly keep a team with no tactics in a game against stellar opposition. The disguised puck-outs threaded through narrow gaps, draws, fades, pings, zings, varied trajectories, giving the eyes. Unreal.

3 Likes

That was some game today. It flowed and ebbed.

I had a ring side seat to that performance too.

1 Like