Galway - dual travails part 2

Pauric Brehony

I’m going along to this tomorrow. Don’t expect Antrim to be up to much without their Dunloy contingent but will be good to see how Canning and Collins show up.

Kerrill Wade, did he even hurl any with Sarsfields?

Kenneth Burke was probably the original and the best.

Antrim will be solid enough I’d say. They’ll give it 100% anyhow. I’d expect a decent game. Id go for sure if I was about.

I was at this game last year as well, it was very enjoyable. I’d say 5 of the lads on duty for Galway that day are listed again for tomorrow.

1 Like

He had a great final against Tipp that year but not sure he was ever that great as a hurler. Even in that final his biggest stand out quality was his speed. Great athletic potential but his hurling never really caught up.

1 Like

I was thinking Kerril Wade

1 Like

Wade played some senor hurling but with little impact. Andrew Keary is a fella who shone at minor but I don’t think he ever played senior championship. Sean Mcdonagh will probably claim the crown in time, 2 AI minor medals and 4 man of the match awards but I see he was playing for Galway juniors against New York recently.

McDonagh is at a big disadvantage being in football country too. Dunno if Abbeyknockmoy or Athenry ever reached out to him about a transfer.

I was told that the Turlough lads, well experienced in rehoming strays, made a big play for him but he wasn’t interested. With college and development squads and split seasons now the club you come from makes little difference - O’Shea is getting a run despite being with one of the less glamorous outfits.

4 Likes

You’d have a future in writing speeches and the like for errant politicians.

A beautifully constructed few words that encapsulates their actions succinctly.

6 Likes

It’s gas no matter what part of the county or what level of hurling your club is at it’s unanimous that some Turlough cunt has wronged them thus forming a healthy hatred.

5 Likes

Michael Lynskey.

Galway players showing up very well in the Sigerson this year. Another peach from Rob Finnerty tonight.

1 Like

Keary played a championship game under Conor Hayes down in Waterford in 2006.

You were told correctly afaik

Watched it. He was unmarkable in the first half and the game was well over by halftime

2 Likes

2-3 in both Sigerson games and he only played half a game tonight. Hopefully signs that he can go up another level this year for the county.

3 Likes

Hopefully. Hes in some vein of form, was the best player on the pitch in the fbd agsinst leitrim too.