Galway - dual travails part 2

That team will take serious beating in this competition

Good team on paper alright. Rory Burke amongst the subs was superb for the minors last year. Big powerful centre forward. Thought he might start but young for this level so probably easing him into it.

1 Like

A Kinvara buckeen on the minor football panel. Lord help us. Cc @KinvarasPassion

The football has us fucked.

6 Likes

Looks like a strong team.

Divilly is a great man.

Are ye light for the paddle board racing?

We’re going to get fucked out of Leinster at this rate

1 Like

Joe has ye purring.

Some excellent talent there. Where they are in 6/10 years remains the challenge for us

It must be…I can’t imagine what it is like for those lads growing up watching him and having him now as a mentor.

Can you put up a link to it without having to sign up to clubber.ie?

I’ll see :+1:

1 Like

Young Niland is learning well from the master about how to score those 21 yarders where it looks like he’s lining up to just tap it over. Already looks physically more like a senior hurler than his brother.

My man in Galway reckons he’s twice the hurler the brother is. But sure isn’t that always the way in GAA

3 Likes

Antrim played ye a few weeks back up here and I went to watch. Niland is a talented lad but I wouldn’t be putting all my eggs in that basket. U17 is so far off even senior club hurling now though, never mind intercounty, that there is not much to be learned from it.
U20 is the only age garde with any substance to it now, be interesting to see how they go today. I see a fella who started for them last year is a sub this year, and a lad who was a sub last year is still a sub this year which would be fairly unusual development.

4 Likes

They’ll bate Dublin by double digits today.

Brother is undoubtedly a top class free taker but I’d question whether he has the minerals and vitamins for the senior game. When Cork played Galway in the league I was up right close to it as is the layout in Pearse stadium and Niland was non stop complaining about tackles and fouls and the like.

1 Like

Richie Burke’s son played centre forward last year. Think he’s underage again this year and is supposed to be very promising too.

Rory Burke? He’s on the bench for the 20’s today. Was clearly the next best player after Niland on the minor team last year.