Galway - quadruple travails part 2

That’s one of them scorelines that makes me nostalgic for the total points tally in brackets.

1 Like

In fairness to Brady he has backed up farragher on the podcast. Also said that he was delighted he lit a fire.

2 Likes

Farragher is 41 :sweat_smile:, some yoke.

4 Likes

Clarinbridge Vs Ardrahan :ambulance::oncoming_police_car::fire:

1 Like

I like Kev but mutual mates confirmed he was seething after the Sars result and took an almighty slating from Cashel boys. I wouldn’t put too much stock in what he says after he was mugged off good and proper. Himself and Chunky are the two best podcast guests in the county.

3 Likes

Cyril is very good also.

There is a high standard of podcast guests on the Galway club scene.

2 Likes

Nothing funnier than a Galway podcast starting off sensible and then knowing there’s club players around the county screen-recording any criticism of their club so they can timber the fuck out of some cunt at a later date.

12 Likes

It’s remarkable. Lads hanging onto any perceived slight so they can convince themselves that some poor easht Galway cunt had it coming

2 Likes

How many of those were from play?

Exactly - and it’s something that drives me nuts. ‘Person X scored 0-12 today. WHAT. A. PLAYER’

0-12 all placed ball and actually offered absoultely nothing in the half-forward line from play.

Generally makes team-of-the-week stuff too

I hear David Collins gave some backhanded compliment to the current Loughrea crop on GBFM by saying they weren’t like the big thick ignorant player of old.

I think that’s generally accepted by all.

That team was the most untypical townie team of all time, a shower of tramps (who could hurl tbf)

They were the dirtiest shower of cunts. A decent side now to be fair.

When I think about it though, in many ways, Johnny Maher is Galway hurling.

3 Likes

Johnny Maher and Greg Kennedy were petulant at times but the rest were grand.

1 Like

Maher’s antics in the 2012 county final was arguably the most box office 2 minutes in the history of Galway GAA. Wins a penalty, dunts the bollocks off two Toms players, doesn’t get even a yella and then slots the penalty only to kick one last Toms player in the shin. I genuinely thought he was about to start a riot in the stands.

12 Likes

That gets better with age.

I was reliably informed that he was at a wedding that weekend…

1 Like

I’d include Shaughnessey the ref jn that. What happened, occurred right in front of his eyes and not a lid did he bat.

1 Like

Fear can be a terrible thing.

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: