Galway v Tipperary - All Ireland Senior Hurling Semi-Final 2017

Great game. Conditions were poor and it seemed to effect Galway fb line. Tipp played aimless ball in second half and it almost paid off a few times. I thought Galway were far better and this game will stand to them. They’ll win final at a canter.

1 Like

Canning making @Sidney and @Bandage look very foolish.

Ref comments from @Bandage @carryharry and @Nembo_Kid :rollseyes: are nonsense. Stone wall penalty not given to Galway and Callanan got away with at least two yellows for high or late tackles.

Immense game. Galway had to be 5 better to win by one. It was all tipp in the final moments and I thought they were going to turn it over, but step forward canning. Heroic.

15 Likes

That was hurling at its best

1 Like

Are you ok @flattythehurdler ?

Don’t mind @Bandage, he’s only fooling around and is blinded by his Tipperary blood.

I watched the match on tv. Even Shefflin the gormless fuck saw what went on.

Galway deserved winners, their forwards hurled as unit better.

But Kelly was a disgrace.

Lolz.

Rewind and watch it again.

1 Like

On Sky it was McInerney

Mmmm intense it sure was. As good a game as you have seen is a big big statement

No mate. Calling it as i saw it.

you must be blind as fuck
he rode both sides equally in that he gave both soft frees and let blatant fouls go that were committed by both sides.
he was cunt, as is his wont, but he didnt cost tipp the game

2 Likes

If @flattythehurdler and @maroonandwhite haven’t booked their flights home for the final already I’ll personally hunt them down.

1 Like

It’s time for you to fuck off out of this thread you clown.

I know but id have Whelan!

I never said he did.

His calls were not consistent.

He was inconsistent but modern game is just constant fouling, so you either let everything go or call some. The biggest one that was missed (umpire should have called it) was Maher’s pull across Flynn’s head when through on goal, penalty at a minimum and arguably a red card.

3 Likes

The referee influenced the game in a subtle enough manner. Nothing blatant like sending someone off or anything but consistently applying the rules differently in each half of the field. I wouldn’t expect many of TFK’s posters to notice or understand it, least of all the likes of @glasagusban or @ChocolateMice. However it was pretty clear to myself, @Nembo_Kid and 10-time All Ireland winner Henry Shefflin.

3 Likes

his inconsistency was applied equally to both sides

As plain as day.

Sure it was.