Game Thirteen - versus Mespil Huns

Last post from the dressing room an hour before kick-off. Bhoys are very fired up already. This could be a very special performance. Thanks for all the good wishes all day. The reason I play for (and manage) TFK AFC is to be involved on nights like tonight.

Well - how did we get on lads?

BANG. BANG. BANG. In what can only have been seconds, but what must have seemed like an eternity for the victims, the Christmas peace was shattered. Those who were in attendance even claim the deranged marksman cackled like a lunatic as he fired. BANG BANG BANG.

No, not the Christmas market shooting in LiĂŠge but the Sanymount Massacre as perpetrated by one Monkey Allen. There were 3 minutes on the clock when the silver-haired assassin had buried Mespil Huns with three precise shots on target. They never stood a chance.

I hoped for something special tonight and bhoy did we deliver. That was as good a performance as I’ve seen from TFK as a collective in a long, long time. Monkey knocked home that three in rapid-fire succession, capitalising on loose marking and precise passing to quench their fire before they’d even stoked the flames. The third in particular was a dream finish from a distance at an angle. A short interval followed when the world drew a collective breath, before a goal of stunning grace made it four on the half hour. Bandage cradled a tame shot in his arms before rolling at pace to Rocko midway inside his own half. Rocko read the defender closing in and flicked a gorgeous pass with the outside of his right boot to Cesc4 who played an equally delightful return pass into the path of the onrushing Turk who surged past the Mespil defence before firing home from the edge of the box into the bottom corner.

And still there was more. Stevie G capitalised on some wayward kicking from the goalkeeper to pick the ball up 30 yards out. He didn’t think twice before smashing it home into the corner.

A consolation for Mespil before half-time left it 5-1 at the interval. A stunning first half display.

The second half was all about containment and TFK saw the game out with ease. But there was still time for a couple more goals. Stevie G added his second before Clarkeycat trumped everyone with a goal on his supposedly weaker left side from his own half that kissed the left-hand post on the way in. One could only applaud.

I’m a proud man this evening. A very proud man.

an excellent performance tonight. i think the tone was set when Jugs arrived to the ground minus the now infamous hat from last week…discipline has been restored.

Bit concerned by Monkey’s goal drought. 57 minutes without a goal.

A performance for the ages. :clap:

Well done chaps. :clap:

Fellas, IPI lost 2-1 tonight.

So we took care of 3rd place ourselves and 2nd have been turned over also.

A good night for the online portal. :clap:

[quote=“Bandage, post: 642040”]Fellas, IPI lost 2-1 tonight.

So we took care of 3rd place ourselves and 2nd have been turned over also.

A good night for the online portal. [/quote]
Ah that’s terrific. Forza TFK. Who beat IPI?

[quote=“Rocko, post: 642041”]
Ah that’s terrific. Forza TFK. Who beat IPI?[/quote]

IPI 1-2 Murexico

you might have noticed from the celebration of the third goal that I dedicated the strike to Pat Lampard. After that the emotion just got to me and I lost focus. Apologies to my team mates, but I hope they understand.

[quote=“Monkey Allen, post: 642043”]

you might have noticed from the celebration of the third goal that I dedicated the strike to Pat Lampard. After that the emotion just got to me and I lost focus. Apologies to my team mates, but I hope they understand.[/quote]

I noticed that all right. You were jogging back for the kick-off with hands pointing skywards. :clap:

Did we discuss doing this goal celebration at last week’s Christmas Party or was it a spur of the moment thing? I think we may have but I can’t be sure as the strawberry dacquiris were flowing at that stage.

Either way, it was splendid. Simply splendid.

I think she was discussed at our party alright. We all spoke about our favourite memories of her and how we would honour her in the next game.
Maybe we could ask for a minutes applause before next weeks game.

Great stuff lads. I’m looking at making a return next week, if selected of course.

‘to quench their fire before they’d even stoked their flames’

:clap:

Why hasn’t farmer been involved of late?

I didn’t notice actually but I did congratulate you on your finishing. I performed a one handed Pat Lampard when I scored my goal with my bad foot from deep inside my own half. Usually my celebration involves a casual wipe of the nose but when you hear the opposition gasp at the beauty of what you’ve just done, you have to give them something.

Hey Monkey, you going the 51? Would like to get to know you better.

Pat would have been very proud of your strike. Her son has never scored anything quite like that.

Won’t be in the 51 tonight, hopefully we can bond some night soon.