Gameweek Nine - versus GAM

[font=tahoma][size=3]It’s a veritable top versus fourth clash for Thursday Thunder tonight when the team at the top (us) takes on the team who are fourth (them). Kick-off is at 7pm in Sandymount Park and the game is followed by the clash of second versus third.[/size][/font]

Squad
[font=tahoma][size=3]Unavailable at the time of going to press.[/size][/font]

[font=tahoma][size=3]Positively balmy conditions in Dublin today with more than a hint of the sun in the sky. Players will need to be wary of the ball losing pace and stopping up on the dry surface, unless there is a downpour before kick-off.[/size][/font]

[font=tahoma][size=3]Form Guide:[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=3]TFK - WWWWWWWW[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=3]GAM - WLDWWWWL [/size][/font]

[font=tahoma][size=3]Prediction:[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=3]TFK - Half Time / Full Time. 6/4 in most high street betting shops.[/size][/font]
Monkey Allen to score in each half. 5/2 with Stan James.

[font=tahoma][size=3]Ya. [/size][/font]

Result?

Two apiece Brian. Relatively disappointing, particularly in light of a shrink second half display but having trailed at the interval we couldn’t have too many complaints.

Scrunchie opened the scoring with a stunning volley from a Monkey cross before they replies twice before the interval. First goal was similar to Scrunchie’s - a back post volley but it was certainly preventable. Don’t remember the second goal clearly.

Clarkeycat fired home an equaliser after the hour mark and though we pressed hard for a winner, rattling the post and winning some attacking set pieces we just couldn’t force a winner.

Was that a ‘good’ point or a ‘bad’ point or a ‘point’?

Mespil Huns won 4-3 tonight and join us at the top of the table on 25 points from 9 games.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 686666”]Was that a ‘good’ point or a ‘bad’ point or a ‘point’?

Mespil Huns won 4-3 tonight and join us at the top of the table on 25 points from 9 games.[/quote]

Just a point. Opportunities to win it and if we’d been as aggressive in the first half as we were after the break we wouldn’t have fallen behind. But we weren’t satisfied with that first 45 and that reaction was positive.

Huge game against the huns in a couple of weeks. We don’t want to drop more points and open up a 4 horse race.

I have mixed emotions about this result. Whilst I want my old team to do well there is a small part of me that would be gutted if you went on completed a season with a 100% record, the holy grail of astro football, and I wasn’t part of it.

I hope you win all of your remaining games now.

Forza TFK.

By the way - if you want my take on things, it sounds like the squad has gone a bit state. Probably time for a new kit to freshen things up a bit.

Might be worth investing in an away kit.

[quote=“briantinnion, post: 686669”]By the way - if you want my take on things, it sounds like the squad has gone a bit state. Probably time for a new kit to freshen things up a bit.

Might be worth investing in an away kit.[/quote]

It’s funny you should say that because we had to turn our jerseys inside out last night, something I never want to have to go through again. Stunning insight BT.

It was a decent point in the end as they are probably the best team we will face this season. It’s good to see the work we have been doing with our Strength and Conditioning coach is paying off and it was our excellent fitness levels that lead to us dominating the second half.

We do need to come up with an away kit to avoid the farce of last night. As our home kit is green and white stripes, I suggest the Away kit should be white and green stripes.

Also, I believe the Wexford footballers had an open night last night, where fans could meet the players. Should we should have one of these in the 51 some night, where fans can come along, get a few autographs, a few pictures and buy us drink?

Well that’s why clients seek me out.

Once Rocko and the other members of the executive committee give me the go ahead I will start working on a commercial deal.

Adidas have been pitching for our kit deals, this could be their time.

[quote=“briantinnion, post: 686672”]

Well that’s why clients seek me out.

Once Rocko and the other members of the executive committee give me the go ahead I will start working on a commercial deal.

Adidas have been pitching for our kit deals, this could be their time.[/quote]

FFS. I announced our 3-year deal with Hummel on Twitter yesterday.

I’m still wearing Rocko’s old one. I feel left out :frowning: