General Election 2020 Hub

She’s not quick enough and not succinct enough to clarify them. But I don’t think it will matter too much to most people.

Absolutely, SF know more about banks than any legitimate political party.

3 Likes

Michael Martin is clane useless. If I was of the cohort of voter who’d only vote FF or FG and I was watching this I’d be voting FG all day long.

She was never a great debater … we all know it should be Pearse there really.

Martin has been allowed to deflect every question he has had by turning to SF without any sort of challenge from the two moderators. It’s farcical.

I’m sure she does. I’m not watching this through blinkers though - hence the balanced analysis.

2 Likes

Oirish gombeen that has been robbed by the banks all his life in pro bank post alert

1 Like

Yes.

CGT losses are similar. Many many people still have capital losses to utilise. Vital to get them used and not have then die with the holder

If you find a balanced analyst on this thread you’re doing well. The only balanced analysis is on the Ravenous thread

2 Likes

I’m a credit union man myself.

That John Delaney comment from Leo was best of the night.

Eoin O’Broin is 20 times the debater Mary Lou is and would have defended SF policies far better and punched major holes in the opposition. His only problem is that he does look a bit like Himmler.

1 Like

Fair play to which ever one of his essay writers thought of it …

I’ve always thought he was far better but if this election is any way reflective of the recent polls then I think much of that is down to her appeal as a leader. Her approval ratings are high and it’s a strong card for FF to have Doherty and Ó Broin as senior figures who can outdebate their FFG counterparts.

2 Likes

If he was standing up he wouldnt be able to see his notes

Varadker winning this by a cosmic mile but probably not enough to claw back the losses. Anybody voting for FF seriously needs their heads examined. Martin is beyond poor. MLMD not doing great but not awful either.

2 Likes

Pension issue is where all 3 of them are playing populism. this is in 6 years. The age has to increase.

You know it was off the cuff and it kills you.

And this is Martin with the two moderators not even bothering to properly question him like they are doing to the other two participants.

Martin getting a very soft ride all night

2 Likes