General Election 2020 Hub

Lads…

IMAGINE IF SF HAD RUN 35 MORE CANDIDATES image

1 Like

People videoing candidates as they are announcing the results shouldn’t have a vote in the next election.

1 Like

Greens and SF up across the board

Environmental republicanism time is now

2 Likes

Government

Talk to me lads, how is it going to be formed.

FFG

Still think there is a chance that there will be no seat for Ff in DBN as there are so many votes that will transfer to O’Callaghan and Healy.

1 Like

SF & Greens… aka guns and roses

18 Likes

For sure. They’d be able to contribute even more to society.

The multinationals will be overjoyed too. As will anyone trying to buy a factory.

The Newstalk guy, can’t remember his name, thinks Sean Haughey won’t hold

D’Arcy looks goosed to me. Can’t see where he’s going to get transfers from. Issue then becomes does D’Arcy save a Gorey seat for Malcolm or are they FG gene pool votes that go back to Verona. Former I would think.

Between D’Arcy senior and junior haven’t retained seat since November 1982.

Ok guys im nearly out of likes for the day

I’ll have one more please

1 Like

Michael McGrath ruling out Sinn Fein… It’s gonna be FFG with Martin as Taoiseach, the Cork ego won’t allow anythng else.

1 Like

Think it’s tight. Depends how much of the Ward votes go to MMOC - I suspect more will go to JCON

1 Like

People have voted for SF without caring who candidate is. People are voting around national issues rather than local issues - at least with that first preference vote. If that’s a trend it’s a good thing for the country I think.

Based on the result SF have to be in government. FF/SF seems to be what is going to happen based on mood music.

Be interesting to see what that government prioritizes and what it can deliver. I think it would be relatively stable as there is money available and once people get the Merc and the power they tend to want to hang on to it.

Housing - can be improved.
Health - that’s the challenge no government has solved to date. Can SF bring something different that vested interests can buy into.

1 Like

Michael McGrath just ruled it out… FFG back in but in reverse.

That’s an enormous surplus anyway. Heney still to be eliminated in due course but I guess if Healy and O’Callaghan can put a distance between them. Still think Haughey should be holding from there.