General Election 2020 Part 2

Taoiseach Martin using an awful lot of hand gestures/movement during his interview on RTE2

Usual waffle evasive stuff from the Carkie

1 Like

He doesnā€™t even have the cop on to try and imitate Leo and quote an auld movie line

I noticed that. It was just silly and completely unnatural, like that other clown MicheƔl Lehane on the news.

I think O Brien will make a serious play for this. If FF are to come out of this govt cycle with credit, it is most likely in housing. O Brien will get all the money he wants in the next few years to sort this. If he can, then he is the defacto favourite for the job.

Big Jim is one of the top Senior Counsel in the Law Library. Iā€™d imagine heā€™s pulling in a 7 figure sum every year down there. Itā€™s a real shock that heā€™s not parking that for a few years to serve as Junior Counsel to a Minister for Justice, nearly 20 years his junior, new to Cabinet and with no professional legal qualifications.

3 Likes

The guy is in politics a wet week and expects to jump the queue to a full ministry because he earned a lot of money as a junior counsel? He has nothing on his CV to suggest heā€™s capable of running a ministry. The person ā€œ20 years his juniorā€ has far more relevant experience, what a silly and ageist comment. This flute is a decade behind McEntee in terms of relevant experience.

Youā€™ve said that before, Miriam.

Iā€™m not Big Jim Oā€™Callaghan.

On a point of order, youā€™re incorrect. Big Jim is a Senior Counsel. Not a Junior Counsel,

1 Like

I think @glasagusban might have a bit of a thing for Miss McEntee

5 Likes

MicheƔl Martin must be the best politician Ireland has ever seen to become Taoiseach and get into government on the basis of the rabble of apes he is inflicted with.

Not really. But people suggesting a fella should be minister for justice on the basis that he earned a lot of money as a barrister are clearly a bit stupid.

Who said Big Jim should have been Minister for Justice?

1 Like

Jackie Cahill expecting to be a minister :laughing: Lowry and Mattie had more chance

Earnings at the bar or law society is absolutely no guarantee of success in justice: see shatter and McDowell as good examples

Could he have been made Attorney General or is there anything legally preventing him from doing so?

Just offering a possible rationale as to why he chose not to serve as the Number 2 in the Department of Justice. Barristers and particularly Senior Counsel tend not to be the most self-deprecating lot.

3 Likes

The sense of entitlement of sone of these cunts is off the table . There are politicians whinging whom I wouldnā€™t let in charge of a hen house

2 Likes
2 Likes