General Election - Housing Manifestos

Yeah there’s a big Eastern European population there as well on account of the bacon factory. Living in something just above squalor

You’d wonder if he’s a member himself. Has the head for one

Only 17% of new homes sold in Dublin, in the June, were bought by first time buyers.

61% were bought by non-households (funds, housing bodies, etc)

Jesus Christ, I’m not the better after viewing that.

The policy works, housing for investment funds by investment funds.

Tax Free Housing.

Sure if we didn’t have investment funds who’d build the houses? The government? Don’t make me laugh.

So a lad writing books about the housing shortage doesnt even know how to get or read stats about public sector purchasing housing units. Fuck sake.

And focusing only on Dublin, where it has s significantly higher rental market (and significant higher population too, granted)

1 Like

Sinn Féin Alternative Budget for Housing 2023

@glasagusban, as it might be more relevant here, I actually hadnt seen labours claims of 1 million homes. It is ridiculous. As per the election housing issues each party brought forward, at the time, labour had 80,000 over 5 years, so they are now looking to do more in one year than they thought in 5 back at election time. I suppose its a case of if you cant beat them, join them. I cant remember all the ins and outs at the time, but I do recall that labour were the only realistic and properly addressing the points and the FF one was one of the worst with ridiculous claims. Although I’m sure in the 3 years since they’ve been in power, they have hit 60% of their intended targets made at the time…

1 Like

It was 500k new and 500k refurbs. So not a million new units but questionable if the new builds and refurbs could be done simultaneously given resource constraints.

1 Like

Either way, they havent a hope of building 50k new units per year and redoing 50k vacant units. Beyond pie in the sky stuff.

https://twitter.com/businessposthq/status/1744404652064641024?s=46