George Lee

George has just resigned apparently. Is he that upset about not getting front bench already?

Statement from George Lee TD.

I wish to announce that I have resigned from the Fine Gael Party and from my seat in Dáil Eireann today Monday 8th February 2010.

It has been a very difficult decision, but it is one that I have taken after a great deal of reflection on my position and on the role that I have been playing in Fine Gael since I
joined that Party in May last year.

The nine months since then have been a period of enormous economic upheaval. Throughout that period I have done my best to play a positive role in contributing to the national debate and to efforts to find a solution for many of the country’s economic problems.

The reality, however, is that despite my best efforts I have had virtually no influence or input into shaping Fine Gael’s economic policies at this most critical time.

The role I have been playing within the party has been very limited and I have found this to be personally unfulfilling.

When I entered politics last May I made it clear that I was doing so because I wanted to try to play a new role contributing to economic policy formulation. After nine months of trying within the political system it is now my considered view that the role available to me within Fine Gael is not a role I am happy to play.

I would like thank most sincerely all those who campaigned for me, for all of their efforts and support. I would also like to thank my Secretarial and Parliamentary Assistants for all of the help and work that they have provided to me.

I particularly want to thank the electorate of Dublin South who voted for me in such large numbers last May. It has been a great privilege and an honour to serve on their behalf. However, I do not believe I would be serving the electorate honestly if I were to continue allowing my efforts and mandate to be used to promote and market economic policies into which I have had no input.

Was just about to bump a topic on it…Cunt of a man, so much for being in it for the long haul

Resigning his seat too. Will RTÉ have him back?

That’s Enda ruined I’d say.

did he give up his job- i always assumed he didnt

Olivia O’Leary’s radio column must have done the trick.

A kinda “If Enda doesn’t want him, well can we have him back please”

I wouldn’t mind seeing an MRBI poll on the blueshirts numbers now

:lol:

He got a leave of absence/secondment type thing I think. But they can’t really give him a role as economic commentator can they?

This is his statement

I wish to announce that I have resigned from the Fine Gael Party and from my seat in Dáil Eireann today Monday 8th February 2010.

It has been a very difficult decision, but it is one that I have taken after a great deal of reflection on my position and on the role that I have been playing in Fine Gael since I
joined that Party in May last year.

The nine months since then have been a period of enormous economic upheaval. Throughout that period I have done my best to play a positive role in contributing to the national debate and to efforts to find a solution for many of the country’s economic problems.

The reality, however, is that despite my best efforts I have had virtually no influence or input into shaping Fine Gael’s economic policies at this most critical time.

The role I have been playing within the party has been very limited and I have found this to be personally unfulfilling.

When I entered politics last May I made it clear that I was doing so because I wanted to try to play a new role contributing to economic policy formulation. After nine months of trying within the political system it is now my considered view that the role available to me within Fine Gael is not a role I am happy to play.

I would like thank most sincerely all those who campaigned for me, for all of their efforts and support. I would also like to thank my Secretarial and Parliamentary Assistants for all of the help and work that they have provided to me.

I particularly want to thank the electorate of Dublin South who voted for me in such large numbers last May. It has been a great privilege and an honour to serve on their behalf. However, I do not believe I would be serving the electorate honestly if I were to continue allowing my efforts and mandate to be used to promote and market economic policies into which I have had no input.

Did he really think he was going to change something. Pillock

The Blueshirts are even more pathetic than Fianna Fail. They are absolutely toothless with Enda Kenny as leader.

:clap:

Fine Gael are some joke!

I’d say Enda would well be gone by the end of the month

(open to correcting by any one of the Kennys) but “8” years as leader has taken that crowd backwards; have they not noticed?

Personally I think this is a brave, altruistic move by George and shows the inertia of the political system in this country when a dynamic and talented addition to the Dail finds himself hamstrung by the party system. It’s a sad day for Ireland and just shows that there’s little room for a political outsider in the Dail today.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What a kick in the stones for fine gael!

Must be a tough time for George considering that everything he says will inadvertently help fianna fail.

The road to re-election for FF starts here.

black day for FG.
hopefully an end to the unimaginative celeb candidates that the blueshirts seem to believe is the way forward.
what a bunch of buffoons they are, George Hook reckoned they tried him for Europe and he was close to doing it.

Fg are finished.

:clap:

Better the devil you know :popcorn:

Well I think its very decent of George to be just in time for the 1’O Clock news with Sean O’Rourke

Seriously though he is now in a truly fantastic position to attack the establishment economic ideology. He has a huge profile, will be viewed as a man of real integrity for resigning on principle, and now has the genuine inside track on the political machine.

George will lead the revolution.

You’d have to admire him for walking away rather than take the easy route and abuse our money. Think he has between 5 and 10 people working for him who’ll probably be redundant now as well.