Gigs coming up

Thanks Fagan.

I’m not too bothered by them. I’m only really a fan of Hayes/Cahill and they are still doing their own shows away from the Gloaming hype.

Saw them this year in same venue. Enjoyable but would not rush back to see them I think. Piano player likes a bottle of wine.

The word ‘shaper’ was defined for that clown.

He seems to be a free lance piano player. He was involved with the National before.

1 Like

Tickets purchased for Franz Ferdinand in the Olympia in Feb

Dan patlansky was warm up act here. Kids loved it. Awesome guitarist.

After insinuating myself up the front of a gig again

3 Likes

Saw The War on Drugs Friday Night, decent gig.

The Barrowlands is still a brilliant venue, hasn’t changed a patch between there and my last attendance of 10+ years ago. Bit of a dive facilities wise but it’s a very intimate arena and the sound is cracking.

The gig was good, An Ocean Between The Waves tore the place down and they had a very good setlist. Not sure they really did it for me though, certainly not for a standing gig. I actually have grown to dislike that Red Eyes song. I reckon they’d be a great band to catch at a mid-sized seated arena like the Olympia or that.

I’ll give it a solid 7/10.

1 Like

It was ambling along as a 7/10 for me until they burned it up with a 15 minute version of Under the Pressure drenched with feedback and fuzz. That put it into the 8.5/10 for me.

As an aside Charlie Hall must be one of the best drummers on the circuit.

4 Likes

Good shout on the Uber @flattythehurdler. Cheap as chips.

1 Like

The Streets are playing the Olympia on 16 April. Tickets on sale this Friday.*

Edit

on saleWednesday.
And playing two gigs 16th and 17th

Thought it was Wednesday? Playing 2 dates.

Yeah you are right

Gorillaz last night was class. I just bought tickets to see them again in Dublin in the summer.

1 Like

I’m at the 3Arena currently. A lass called Juanita Stein has played 3 songs so far.

Brutal beyond belief.

Cc @caulifloweredneanderthal @feck_it

3 Likes

Saw him years ago (must have been first electric picnic around 2004). He was in jolly form

Secured a ticket to see Peter Kay in February 2019 there.

I met him before a few years back. He called me a cheeky fucker.

Was that in Didsbury?

In Bolton actually.