Gigs coming up

In 20 years time people will be saying how big a shithole Ireland was in 2018 and in 20 years time others will be eulogising how great Ireland was in 2018 .

That said thurles’ status as a dump will endure .

1 Like

Looking forward to the Stones tonight. Sluggish ticket sales mean they’ll be curtaining off some of the stands. Still reckon they’ll put on a decent show and it looks like it’ll be a night of Play the Hits. Us Dubs have been spoiled in recent years with stellar performances in Croker so hopefully tonight matches anything the capital’s footballers have produced.

1 Like

:rollseyes:

2 Likes

I saw them at the point about 15 years ago and it was probably the best concert I’ve ever seen. I hope tonight lives up to that.

1 Like

I am thinking about heading along to this. I was listening to them on the way into work this morning and while I am not massively knowledgeable of their catalogue, some of their songs are absolutely superb.

Westworld used Play With Fire in its most recent episode (itself an homage to Lost fwiw, but anyway), a fucking belter of a track, absolutely head jarringly unsettling.

You’d get a standing ticket for 50 quid outside. Seems to be a few floating about. Yeah they have some absolute pearlers from the late 60s/early 70s period.

My favourite Rolling Stones song. You can’t help dancing along to it even unconsciously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U8JlcB_BzA

1 Like

Farmer :smile:

Huh?

An insightful observation about a band widely recognised to be one of the greatest of all time.

It was only an opinion I expressed. Relax.

Third gig of the week for me

Snow Patrol Tuesday - was fucking brilliant
Ed Sheeran last night - was shocking
Stones tonight - very excited

What was wrong with Ed mate?

He didn’t have enough about him to work an outdoor venue. You need a wall of sound and a few anthemic songs and a bit of a show. Phoenix Park is also a shit place for concerts and I won’t return there for one.

1 Like

Sound at Stone Roses in Phoenix Park was horrendous for the first half. I don’t envy anyone trying to get back into town and southside from the venue.

1 Like

Heard there was a few problems with layout in the standing areas.

I was sitting but they had a merchandise stand in middle of standing area which blocked people’s views and caused pinch points.

It’s a shite venue.

I was at two gigs in the Phoenix Park.

Pixies comeback in 2004 which was brilliant but had they played in Pairc Sean it would have been amazing.

Arcade Fire in a tent around 2007/08. It was very poor. The sound and the performance in general.