Gigs coming up

The back story around the Stones makes them very unlikeable. Plus they are hungry cunts. Got rid of Brian Jones who was most talented of all of them and where their sound came from. Treated Taylor like an imposter. Richards even started wearing Brian Jones wardrobe after he died trying to metamorphosise from a geek into a cool hipster and adopt the Brian Jones persona. They didnt bother going to his funeral. Instead releasing butterflies in a Hyde park gig instead. Mick Jagger wore some kind of wedding dress onto stage that day in case any of attention or spotlight was deflected from him.

1 Like

Saw Pixies play support for Arcade fire in Marley park. Inctedible gig. Great venue. Saw pixies in Marque in Cork and sound was terrible. Its effectively a big tent as well. Going to see Arcade Fire in Berlin in August. That should be good.

A nightmare to get home that night though!

I was further back at that Marley park gig and thought it was rubbish. Didnā€™t they unplug Frank Blacks guitar and he had to wrap it up? Iā€™ve seen the pixies three other times and they were class every time. Marley park is a whore of a place to get home from.

1 Like

I had forgotten that actually.

Thatā€™s right. He said some shite like ā€˜my guitar is broken - that must be a sign to stopā€™.

Think it was in the middle of monkey gone to heaven. Said he would finish the song next Tuesday or something. Yea getting out of there was a nightmare alright. One good thing about Marley park is that the gradient slopes down to the stage so theres no real bad view.

The missus was given two tickets for Ed in Phoenix Park from a friend who couldnā€™t go so weā€™re up on Saturday, thems the breaks. A night away without the kids and a comfy bed in the Gibson will make it worthwhile,

Incredible gig last night. The Stones would put bands 50 years their junior to shame. Stripped back show that let the songs do the talking and sound was great. Gimme Shelter and Midnight Rambler the two highlights.

2 Likes

You will love Ed Sheeran, m8.

1 Like

Hello Mr Bland

3 Likes

What should people be listening to?

1 Like

Mr Bungle , the Wolfe Tones or Dave Brubeck

Thatā€™s candlelit dinners taken care of. What about the rest of the time?

stop it

You started it

Oh no I didnt

God help us all

Agree. I was really impressed. Jagger is the king of frontmen. Their concert in the Point about 15 years ago is still the best concert Iā€™ve been to. They didnā€™t play Get off my Cloud or Motherā€™s Little Helper sadly. Gimme Shelter is my favourite Stones song and it was a belter. Midnight Rambler was great but Miss You was the massive highlight for me. More than worth whatever the ticket cost.

1 Like

Didnā€™t go last night but they are great showmen . Saw them a decade ago .

They wrote some great tunes and in their prime, by all accounts, were great live. I could never understand why people were willing to pay over ā‚¬100 to see a bunch of auld lads play a few tunes. However I got a free ticket last night and had a wonderful time. Seeing lads in their late 70s gyrating around the place while fighting dementia, playing instruments while suffering with rickets and arthritis had me in stitches.

1 Like