Gigs coming up

Cheers Ralphie, third time to see him as well last night, always delivers, enjoy tonight.

1 Like

Proper showman

1 Like

Cracking gig from Father John.
Any man who gets the phrase “sub prime loan” into a song deserves attention.

Like the fact he does not bother talking to the crowd (by and large)

2 Likes

It was good, he’s a good voice. I liked the new songs.

Slayers farewell tour coming to Dublin in November supported by Lamb of God, Anthrax and Obituary. Could be epic.

1 Like

Saw them in cork : 2 years ago . Some show .

1 Like

Are they not generic shouty, noisy, metal trash?

Nah mate, you have the wrong lads there,

Slayer are brilliant shouty noisy metal trash

1 Like

Anthrax supporting slayer? I suppose that’s the way it’s gone nowadays

Slayer and Anthrax are two of the big 4 of Thrash Metal. Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax. Anvil were just outside the big 4 but because there was no promotion and relegation they remained outside the big 4. So although it may be generic, shouty, noisy metal trash, it will be top quality generic, shouty, noisy metal trash.

1 Like

Anvil had nowhere near the songs of the big 4

Nick Cave and Patti Smith coming up next week. Should be good.

2 Likes

Me too. Forbidden Fruit today first and LCD on Tuesday. I will be rattling for nick cave.

Used be a big Metallica fan. Never took to slayer or anthrax. Megadeth were grand. Did you hear the story about Dave Mustaine causing a riot in Belfast and their concert had to be cut short?

I saw Microdisney on Saturday night. Pretty good for a band whose last show was in Deptford in 1988. Excellent in fact.

2 Likes

Very much looking forward to LCD soundsystem tomorrow.

1 Like

How was Forbidden Fruit on Sunday night? I was there last night and I heard talk that Sunday’s crowd wrecked the place.

Last night was funny. I’d say 70% of the crowd were 35 - 50 age bracket that were solely there for The War on Drugs. Then you had 18-22 age bracket mixed in with their weekend wrist bands and looking a bit lost :rofl:

TWOD were great. Was a few rows from the front so crowd were proper into it with no idiots talking their way through a gig.

Is paddy Casey still playing

Looking forward to it. Have seen Nick a couple of times but never got to a live show from Smith

I had to sell my ticket for yesterday. Thought I would have been an oldie there but would be in your 70% bracket! Did you get to see Fontaines or Grizzly Bear.