Gigs coming up

Blind Boys of Alabama having lunch in Alfie’s in the Conrad Hotel before this evening’s gig across the road in the NCH.

Could be tempted by Grant Lee Philips (of Grant Lee Buffalo) in Whelans, Dublin in late August.

1 Like

Saul Williams at the Sugar Club tonight. Exceptional. You wouldn’t believe he’s 45.

2 Likes

So jelly. A Tuesday night in Dublin just didn’t suit.

1 Like

This just flashed up on my Facebook timeline.

I reckon it would have been pretty good.

2 Likes

Are U2 sold out tomorrow nite?

Lolzers.

I wasn’t at it. I was in a different phase in my life then. Vince Power used to run the Mean Fiddler empire then before he went bankrupt and could pull together some amazing line ups. I used to hang around with some ofhis bookers when I was in London. You wouldn’t know who would wake up beside you in the flat. The one that used to suck the toes of David Mellor was one that I had breakfast with one morning

1 Like

They sold out years ago mate.

4 Likes

Did you show her your bunions?

1 Like

Were you wearing a Chelsea kit?

Everybody talks about the Portillo moment in the 1997 UK General election but really, Mellor losing his seat was far more memorable.

James Goldsmith shouted “out out, out” at him on the platform.

James Goldsmith was an awful cunt of a man, to be fair.

But the whole thing was tremendously funny.

1 Like

I wasn’t.

What a treat, came down to Dolans for some nondescript metal gig only to find the great Freddie White playing upstairs, quick change of plans later

2 Likes

He must be shoving on now

Lives in Australia most of the year and comes home to visit and gig every Summer.

The audience too, I could be the youngest person here,
Hope he does Martha, he does it better than Tom Waits, excellent gig so far.

Is it a lesbian hen night?

7 Likes

U2 after party in Robertas. Use this to get in

2 Likes

Zuckerburg is in the building

The bhoys have arrived.