Giro d'Italia 2018

Yates wins the stage today. Dumoulin lost 12 seconds but Gollum lost more than a minute and seems to be struggling. It will all come down to the time trial where Dumoulin will expect to do untold.

Any chance at all of Yates hanging on,?
He always looked a bit shifty to me.

He looks very good for an asthmatic. I reckon he will get smashed in the time trial by Dumoulin but himself and Chavez are a good combination to cause problems. Pinot looks strong as well. I canā€™t see Froome winning now.

Froome isnā€™t a contender I donā€™t reckon. Could Yates win it out? Iā€™ve seen little of it.

He could win. Depends on the TT IMHO

I think Yates will win it. He did well in time trial on first stage and looks to have improved his timetrialing. If he can limit his loses to 90 seconds I think he will win the GC.

Chavez has been dropped on a relatively easy stage and is currently eight minutes down. Doesnā€™t appear to have changed crashed. Fascinating.

Chavez lost 25 minutes. He got dropped early on the first climb of the day and the other teams did untold on him. Lance called it on the podcast yesterday, said that something strange could happen the day after the rest day.

Nothing like a bit of thinly veneered innuendo.

Be Interesting to see whether his power was down, or the others were up.

How do you get lance podcast @balbec?

The apple podcsst app. It used to be called ā€œstagesā€, now itā€™s called ā€œthe moveā€.

1 Like

Yates won again today, Heā€™s taking the piss at this stage. Dumoulin a close second. Gollum dropped again. Two horse race now.

Another stage win for Sam Bennett today

1 Like

http://www.steephill.tv/players/720/eurosportbrightcove/?title=Last+Km+of+Stage+12&dashboard=giro-d-italia&id=5786142935001&yr=2018

That looked well impressive. Whatā€™s his story? Never heard of him before a few weeks back.

Heā€™s been making a name for himself the last two years. Definitely a world class sprinter in the making and is getting better.

3 flat stages left in the tour so hopefully he can get another win

Is he winning points classification?

Is it not vivani??

1 Like