Golf Betting

It would be great if fred couples rolled back the year this week.

Rolling out of the scratcher is akin’ to an eagle for Fred these days. He never recovered from the O’Connor 2nd shot at the Ryder Cup all those years ago.
I’ll chance Dustin and Morikawa and see where that takes me, with a small e/w on the Postman…

:shark:

https://www.racingpost.com/sport/steve-palmers-masters-tips-justin-thomas-poised-for-augusta-national-glory/482785

Got dj Lowry and Phil in our masters draw… 310 for the winner… Happy with thst

2 Likes

He’s going to give himself a hernia

The left knee will implode

Fuck it we should ran one here. Also heard of a prediction comp where you have to pick 4 with a combined odds total of > 250/1 that’s a bit of craic

He should get a tyre and just start pulling on it

2 Likes

Lads everyone is forgetting John rahm, he’s short enough in the betting but will surely be well in the mix, he was up there in November for the first 2 rounds before a bit of a meltdown on day 3 left him too far back on DJ, ended up finishing 7th. He’s been top 10 in 3 of his 4 masters so should give a serious run for your money. His wife had a baby a few days ago so he’ll be full of beans aswell !!

Bryson is going to bash them all to death

Can’t see it tbh… He’s got good form tho

Long hitters win at Augusta but it’s not a huge advantage. Being in favorable spots in the fairway and the short game especially mid to long putts is the key to winning. The further Bryson tries to hit it the more it’s likely to impact his short game. He will win a lot of tournaments but IMO will always struggle to win at Augusta.

I hope to see Brooks and JT eyeballing each other on the back 9 on Sunday.

I was reading earlier how Bryson’s big advantage isn’t from the driver it’s more his ability in the rough to hit it far. There is basically no rough in agusta so his power advantage is negated. I thought it was an interesting theory.

1 Like

I think the Masters could be in trouble, looks like half of US Inc is boycotting. Luckily my bets are on already

He struggles on the greens there too because they’re not allowed use the green books.

Read an interesting article which said the way Augusta plays lefties have a .85 shot per round advantage. Holes 2, 3, 4, 8, 12 & 13 have particular left bias. 3 of those are par 5 scoring holes. .85 of an adv is considerable over 4 rounds.

1 Like

Other than Bubba & Phil, who are the lefties?

Edit: I’ve just seen there that World no 45, Robert McIntyre is a lefty and playing well. He’s 110/1 ew and can be backed at over 300/1 to win on betfair at the mo.

Very possible, Won’t win the golf though.