Golf Thread

Lads give me a good format for a fun golf outing. Memorial for Juhy senior. Looking to get a load out and have the craic so any teams formats etc that would suit would be good. Also, some of the older lads might be 70s, even 80s so any format that suits that great too.

Any kind of scramble - hit four drives and everyone plays from the spot of the best drive, gives the ould stocks a chance to get involved

3 Likes

It would have to be a scramble alright. Only way to guarantee good numbers as the hackers won’t be intimidated and invariably end up hitting a few great irons or sinking a few putts.

2 Likes

Totally agree with @Raylan everyone drive off,play best ball thereafter. All you need is one person to hit nice shot.

Scrambles are great fun

Cant bate the scramble

Four ball scramble

It wasnt really clear until @Fagan_ODowd chimed in but it looks like weve opted for a scramble lads? Lovely stuff. Plays to my strengths of not being able to string a few shots together too.

You hateful bastard.

Beauty of scramble is that lads need not even hit a drive if they don’t wish.

Best two scores count so the competitive lads still have interest.

Ye thinking of heading out of Dublin doing an over night job?

1 Like

Nah. Do it in Malahide. He was a member there and its in portmarnock so its dead handy. Half the lads playing will be members so the green fee will be nothing.

2 Likes

Interesting to see a ‘welcome to portmarnock’ sign across the road from trinity Gaels last weekend

The next time I saw it was just before PSLC @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

1 Like

It’d be this time of the year you’d be hitting up @Faldo for a few early bolters for the masters to whet the appetite next week :pensive:

6 Likes

And he’d tell you a few decent ones and also that he had bubba backed from months back at 80s…
Hope Bubba goes and wins it now!

3 Likes

Bubba isn’t a bad shout.

Nor are Billy Horschel, the prick Patrick Reed or Abraham Ancer for value bets.

I’m sticking with @Faldo recent favourites…

Viktor Hovland
Cameron Smith
Bubba Watson

Hope he enjoys the Masters where ever he is.

2 Likes

Justy Rose always stands up. Will throw him in with Vic and bubba

1 Like

Big Shane going well.

I assume there is some element of misrepresentation here but:

‘We’ve all made mistakes’ – Greg Norman’s gaffe over killing of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi

I’ve made a few mistakes in my time, but I’ve never been responsible for the premeditated murder & dismemberment of a journalist… that’s a little past “oops” tbh.

That’s a fucking headshot