Golf Thread

The top links courses are jammed with two years worth of green fee bookings, no way they’re turning that money down

@Locke needs to hop up there and wrap a 3 iron round this loudmouths neck.

What’s wrong with it?

He’s complaining without a reason.

His complaint is that it isn’t being hosted at a links course

MJ is a smashing course but I wouldn’t have it down as an Irish Open venue either tbh.

We’re an island nation with savage links courses. That’s where these should be played.

I assume Adare will host plenty too now though

4 birdies in a row there from Shane Lowry to make the cut.

2 Likes

I’d assume mount Juliet paid big money to host it

Too easy

Where would they get the money for that?

I’m not sure. From their profits I assume. Its a big marketing play I’d imagine

Not long ago you could get a midweek round there for 40 euro on golfnow. Usually that’s a bad sign of how a course is doing.

Hotel is flying and it has a Michelin star resteraunt. No fear of it

Id a look there out of interest. A random midweek day in August 340 quid for a fourball. Fair saucy

1 Like

Caught a bit of Paddy Harrington on OTB this evening.

Talking about this LIV thing, was asked the obvious question, would he go. Said he wasn’t asked, wouldn’t judge anyone who went, said some of them were offered between 20 & 60m a piece. Said if he’d been made an offer like that he doesn’t know what he would have done. Would only know if faced with it.

Went on to say that 75% of European Tour players are not only not making money, but actually losing money. Felt there was no major fear of losing the top players from PGA as they are all well looked after with appearance fees etc. and wouldn’t be gaining a pile, but outside of that upper elite of 20 to 50 players he doesn’t see how anyone could really turn it down. Sounds like the European tour is dead in the water

Name checked some lad, who’s name I can’t remember, who won €120k first day on LIV tour and doesn’t even have a tour card. Said that’s life altering altogether for guys like that and who are we to judge them.

He made a lot of good points about it I thought. He’s a good interview is Paddy. I’d say he’s hard work though, over thinks everything. You get the impression he even finds himself hard work

6 Likes

Casey is a well-known absolute cunt so no surprise

4 Likes

He’s a wanker alright

1 Like

All the English jumping ship

Even P Reed and Dustin can’t keep a straight face here: