Golf Thread

Yeah amazing value alright. Wont be beaten. There are another 2 on the Monday and Wednesday. Are you going to avail of it? Was thinking of heading down.

1 Like

Yeah I’m playing early on the Saturday

Have been cut 4 shots in a year.

Starting to get into this lark. Plenty of improvement still needed but making progress at last

3 Likes

Some going. How you manage to do it? Lessons, range or just playing more?

A very high starting handicap. Playing more regularly, not being a hero.

1 Like

Nail on head… Belt it away down in front of you, two putts and no more about it

An utterly obnoxious cunt of the highest order. What a charade of an ending.
For all’s said about him Pat Spillane set the bar for 2’22 with his recent effort.

3 Likes

Golf

A big win for the tour

As I mentioned on the jp thread.

Them Middle Eastern boys can nearly decide the next American general election or at least have a big impact. The fact they are playing a host of tournaments at trumps courses next year probably tells us something.

The Sochi Winter Olympics was a gigantic money laundering scam. I’d say all the World Cups between 2010 and 2022 might not be too far behind, particularly 2018.

I always knew golf would lead to the end of the world.

Played this afternoon… Beautiful place, unbelivable course. But it was blowing 40-50km all way around. Unbelievably tough conditions. I’d 25 pts and happy to have them. The index 1 was a par 4 playing like a par 6 really…

I’d need to play it again in reasonable weather to make a call as to where it stands but the views from all over the course were best Iv seen anywhere. V friendly club with great grub in clubhouse after

9 Likes

You gonna come up to Mountbellew?

Is that the par 3 16th “Shipwreck”? Rates high up the list for me. Depending on the day Carne or Tralee are my 2 against the field. Due to play there very soon.

Yes, that’s my ball sitting between the two bunkers. It’s about 150 yds and I hit a 3 wood as good as I possible could to get it up that far into the wind