Golf Thread

Was it just the one day you looked for?

No Thursday/Friday.

Got Friday - pure pot luck I’d say.

1 Like

We’re in :pray:

No news yet :cry:

Got a Friday, looked for Saturday too but no joy. They were just select and pay (far less) for the last one, any days you wanted.

We’re going booking the Glamping now too.

2 Likes

Was it hard to get your name down for the Open Competition?

A member had tipped us off as to when the timesheet was going to open so not really…third time playing that open day though so if you keep an eye on it you’ll get out alright

1 Like

Limerick Golf Club. Shot 89 with a 9 (nine) on a par 5 :man_facepalming:t2:. New hardware, went well.

8 Likes

Looks in great nick. Never played there is it worth a trip

Appreciate the heads up mate. A course Id love to play, but at the right price.

Did you post a score?

80 quid today. Decent value for what it is

I didn’t. I played very well on front nine and very poorly on the back 9 …wind picked up and I’m not a good enough player to handle it

First time playing. Lovely course and in great nick. They’re working on four greens in the next while.

1 Like

Thats great value for one of the blue riband courses. Great to get the opportunity to play a course designed by Arnie and God in tandem. Wind makes it tough no doubt

1 Like

Got out again this morning, same track. Shot 88 and played much better :person_shrugging: . Melt down 7 on the last par 3 and a double on the last :sob:, there’s four shots. Apart from three putting those greens it was all good.

3 Likes

Were you playing a classic? My father’s cousins all grew up beside that course and three of them are members there. First time I saw the Tiger was there for one of those JP things. I’m guessing it was around 2000. I was fucking dying after a night out. I can recall that it was that day I realised that Darren Clarke was cunt.

1 Like

The pro-am was held there before going to Adare. Was told that Jim Furek has the course record. JP paid for the hut at the 9th hole (which is class) as a parting gift when he moved the competition. Seemingly the club is looking to host the Junior Ryder Cup.

Yeah, that’s the one I was at

1 Like

Grandstand finish coming up in the ladies Open, four-way tie currently at the top. Nelly Korda was cruising up until a double-bogey on the par 5 14th