Golf Thread

Feel of #unlimitedheartbreak here

Uphill putt and all, that’s entirely mental

Not for the first time.

He needs a good auld sports shrink. He’s still looking back at the green there.

There you go

Absolutely smokes it down 18

He’ll get a look at eagle surely

That’ll be as much as he gets

Great shot, given himself a real chance

1 Like

Ah that was a great hit. You couldn’t trust the hoor to putt it unfortunately.

Ah that was fierce close.

It would have meant so much to Rory.

He probably would have lost the playoff so he can be thankful for small mercies

The chip in was a real body blow

Fortunately he won’t be playing players of the calibre of Rasmus Højgaard and Matteo Manaserro every week.

1 Like

If there was only a gold medal for the golf in the olympics Rory would have finished second …its all in his head …he has to try a new caddie at this point .
Its amazing that he had great confidence and mental toughness when he was winning his majors but niw its completely deserted him

So uniteds Danish striker plays a bit of golf in his spare time. Well done rasmus! :golf:

I think ye are all being a bit hard on Rors there. I just watched a recording back there now.

Yer man won it more so than Rory loosing it. Two chips in the hole off rough and a bunker. That’s the best part of four stokes.

I have to agree though the three putt on 17 was unforgivable. Certainly lost a point there.

Played West Waterford and the Gold Coast in the company of my bro in law and lapsed poster @EstebanSexface on Saturday. Great day, though 36 holes in one/wan day is a challenge. Major wind on the GC course. Some great shots, a lot of dirt played too. Top, top bantz with no quart given. Now an annual event!

6 Likes

The missus is playing golf with Ronan Collins tomorrow😆