Golf Thread

are ye getting compensated for the inconvenience?

Two four-day tickets, so far anyway

3 Likes

The father played three times last week there along with his brother and a gang of Canadians

He’s tough out. I’m bollixed after one round today

His brother is nearly 76 and played five days on the bounce. He’s got overseas life membership since the 80s

1 Like

Is this cian Lynch’s first time playing golf? 28!!!

Nearly surely lowry and joe canning were on the sauce in xico Saturday night with Robbie Keane. Odd combo.

Lahinch is no place for a 28 handicapper.

Surprised not to see more clare and limerick gaa and local names on it.

Those spots cost money I suppose

I dont know - do you have to buy your way in?

I would have thought it’s something like half and half. There’s a lot of business names etc that wouldn’t be widely recognized there.

Stranglely I always found Doonbeg harder than lahinch.

Lahinch more forgiving and not quite as long (off the regular tees at least)

You would be right - part of a little clique with Alan Clancy (owner), Lar Kinlan, Brian Ormond and others. They’re all big golf/sauce buddies.

I would frequent xico a fair bit. Canning seems an odd one? Ormond and his Mrs would usually be about alight. The recently married nadia forde is another one. Lowry/keane are in malahide a lot too so I presume that’s where their connection comes from. Could never see what the link to canning was.

Canning on the sauce with lowry in galway recently. He must be playing the big offaly man for a few guest appearances as he attempts to crack D4

No idea just noticed canning seems to be hanging around with that xico crew a lot.

He was doing a line with a bird from Liberty Insurance for a while a few years ago when he worked there and she was part of that set.

A break from the jersey pullers in more rural oriented niteclubs maybe. Sure didn’t brian Corcoran used to go in drag to clubs in cork and it never did him any harm

@anon78624367’s brother isn’t worth backing this week

2 Likes