Good Fillums

This ungrateful cunt

2 Likes

Love Actually

3 Likes

Blood Simple. Coen bros debut,

4 Likes

Everyone picks a Christmas filum to watch here. Last night it was me and I plumped for Trading Places. Never gets old, brilliant film.

7 Likes

Isn’t it The Dead you love at Christmas?

Yes, it is. I’ve decided not to watch it this year as I don’t want it ti get to familiar. I found myself saying lines before they were spoken last year.
I’ll be watching The Banshees of Inisheerin instead and trying to find some way of watching An Cailin Ciuin in this cultural wasteland.

1 Like

Mrs Fitzy has decided her Christmas movie will be Pulp Fiction. What this has to do with Christmas is beyond me, but it’s better than her usual Die Hard shite.

2 Likes

From today’s Irish Times

3 Likes

Where can an cailin ciuin be watched?

1 Like

On telly

1 Like

On RTÉ 1 now in 30 mins I might watch it meself.

1 Like

It’s on the IPTV under The Quiet Girl

Can also watch it here:
https://flixtor.to/watch/movie/51317578/the-quiet-girl

Enjoy

2 Likes

I didn’t enjoy the banshees of inisherin at all. The keoghan fella ruined it for me… he’s a dreadful actor

1 Like

Goodfellas on some night soon I see. It’s been a while since I seen it.
Watching out for Smoky and the Bandit and Convoy on one or other of the ITVs.
Kings is another one I’ll track down over the break.

1 Like

That’s gas I thought he was outstanding. He’s gonna go a long long way.

2 Likes

If you haven’t yet I thoroughly recommend that you read the book ‘Foster’ by Claire Keegan before you watch the movie, it’s extraordinary, and you’d read it in 90 minutes

2 Likes

wengel on Twitter: “i didnt realize banshees of inisherin was a period piece until a while into the film i just thought that’s what Ireland was like” / Twitter

1 Like

North by Northwest on bbc2 now.

4 Likes

I’d normally find books better after the movie? Like watching a behind the scenes documentary with more details etc

1 Like

In fairness the list of movies adaptations which are better than books they are based on is a very short list

2 Likes