Good Fillums

No.

Saw it last night . Load of shite.

I know it was meant to be light hearted and whimsical. It’s hard to pull that off when the storyline is poor and the acting is shite.

The music was very good in fairness.

The leads weren’t great, but the supporting cast were quite good on the whole, Reynor especially

Con Air
Good Will Hunting
LA Confidential
The Fifth Element
Men in Black
The Full Monty
Face/Off
Jackie Brown
Titanic
Austin Powers

All turn 20 years old this year.

20 years.

1 Like

That’s about right. I think they were all released in 1997.

10 Likes

You’re good at math, no wonder the country turned around when you came back and put your shoulder to the wheel

Outstanding summation. Its a fabulous movie. Best of the lot imo.

Very unsettling movie. Very enjoyable nonetheless. As for what you were questioning, Ford would be very artsy fartsy, but I thought it was nicely wound up.

I thought the movie was complete shit tbh

I thought it would be too, but then I watched it and thought it wasn’t. It was amazing how it happened. Perception and reality. How the manuscript turned out to be an allegory for the other thing, won me right over.

Oh you’ll pay for this. Dont think you wont pay.

Just watching Good Vibrations tonight. Great movie.

One @Fagan_ODowd might enjoy if he has not seen it

1 Like

Is that the one about Terry Hooley?

It is.

I’m watching the latest Killian Murphy/ Jamie Dornan thingy about the Czech resistance during WW2…tis alright.

1 Like

Saw that on a plane recently. Excellent I thought for fans of the WW2 genre - really ramps up the tension. True story too - there’s a book called HHH about it which is superb

Yeah the second half of it was good tbf… The old doll that hid them getting her nose busted and pissing herself got the ball rolling.

Gents. After promising her, I took Mrs Cauli to see LaLa Land tonight. I wasn’t too optimistic about it, despite the fact that I thought Whiplash was very good. I don’t like musicals as a rule.

I was pleasantly surprised. Lads that was a good film. They front loaded the singing and dancing stuff and there wasn’t too much as it goes on. A very well made film.

Romantics of the forum (cc @smark @ChocolateMice @Bandage etc): I highly recommend ye bring yer life partners to this show. Get in their good books and you will probably even enjoy it yourself. You will reap the rewards

:eek: