Good Fillums

Saw Live by Night this evening, better than I expected from the reviews, but not what I’d have hoped for after reading the book

Manchester by the Sea is outstanding. A real tour de force by Affleck. A well deserved 9/10.

Trainspotting 2 is amazing I was worried it could be a letdown but it’s right up there with the great sequels.

2 Likes

I watched this tonight as well, truly brilliant performance from Affleck.

Hacksaw Ridge - I don’t know what to say about it. Very good in places, pure muck in others. Entertaining though, 3.5/5. Vince Vaughan cannot act and is the owner of a huge head. The first part of that sentence you know already, the second you’ll realise during this film.

Affleck appears to be a gigantic ball of cuntishness according to the stories

Who gives a fuck? He’s been top class in nearly everything I’ve seen him in.

1 Like

The women he assaulted would give a fuck I’d imagine.

But that’s Hollywood baby

I’m going to see it tonight

1 Like

Raging Bull on rte1 at 12 tonight, one of my favorites.

1 Like

“Pop quiz asshole!”

Just saw this. Thought Ewen Bremner was fantastic. Didn’t feel any empathy for any of the characters apart from spud. Was an enjoyable enough romp but not a patch on the original. 6/10

2 main gripes; what was the point if Kelly McDonald apart from having the original cast together and the “choose life” speech was a load of cack

The cinemas surely missing a trick by not showing the original over last couple of weeks I’d love to see it on the big screen again

Good shout mate…actually havent seen it.

I thought it was up there with the original, on par. Fantastic movie, Boyle is such a good film maker, all the characters were fleshed out. Yes McDonald was shoe horned in there but you wouldn’t take a mark off the scores.
5/5

its unreal pal

1 Like

Agreed, was enjoyable but not a patch on the original, story wasn’t as entertaining or as graphic

Went to see Lion last night with the family. Thought it would be sentimental oul bollocks but it was actuAlly very good. Dev Patel was very good and the little fella who plays his character as a little kid in India is astonishing. 3.5 / 5 I’d strongly recommend it as a family film.

That’s your problem right there - Expecting it to be like the original.

Something like bland @Fran would say.