Good Fillums

Lads see a movie and demand any sequel to be the exact same :joy:

The sugar club did two screenings of it.

@artfoley, did the sequel follow the same story line as the sequel book or come up with something else?

1 Like

While i’m not Art - It was completely different in many ways - It had to be given how the world had moved on from when they were written.

1 Like

Split - don’t bother, even James McAvoy can’t save it, it’s a load of shite.

The Last Boyscout starting on TCM Movies +1, outstanding.

‘Head or gut’

2 Likes

50 Shades of Grey was on Sky Movies there last night. Grand oul film, though I thought it was a bit drawn out.

Watched one of my favourite films last night - A River Runs Through it.
The brother bought me Norman Mclean’s book at the time the film came out which contains that story and two others. Struck a particular note with me at the time as I was doing so much fly fishing. It’s a wonderful book and I highly recommend it. The film is pretty good also.

2 Likes

Did you ever read Fly Fishing by J.R.Hartley?

1 Like

It does exist.

Never heard of it

Bethejaysis!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CeicexenTmU

1 Like

Watched The Lobster with Colin Farrell on Netflix last night. A bit of a mad film but strangely compelling all the same. If anything left-field puts you off then this def isn’t worth watching - for the more cerebral TFK posters it’s worth a watch.

1 Like

I’ll have to watch this, loved ‘Dogtooth’.

Went to see it in cinema when it came out and really liked it but agree that it’s not for everyone. There’s one scene in particular that’ll put you on edge for a bit and helps bring a nice bit of tension to the very dark humour for the rest of the film. Farrell is great in it.

Watching ‘The Young Offenders’ here - pretty entertaining.

1 Like

Just back from Lion. I’d go so far as to give it a 4. Very engaging film.

2 Likes

Saw Hacksaw Ridge the other day, the battle scenes are honrale. Well worth a watch.

1 Like

I’ll +1 this.

Viceroy’s House looks unreal