Good Fillums

Based on the good buzz about John Wick 2 recently, and having missed out on it the first time around, I decided to give John Wick a spin. For mindless entertaining action fare, it won’t be beaten. Great film.

Saw it myself at weekend and was pleasantly surprised. You can’t bate an aul vengeance tale

Great bit if a cast to it as well, although the casting of Alfie Allen seemed a tad strange.

I’ve never seen GOT so I hadn’t a clue who he was until I went on Wikipedia later and found out he was Keith Allen’s young lad

And Lily’s brother

Alfie is a tremendous actor, he brings great depth to every character he plays

Considering they’ve the same father, I’d have imagined so alright

1 Like

Nobody kills a man’s dog and gets away with it.

They call him the Baby Yaga

I never realised that Hacksaw Ridge was a sequel to Forrest Gump.

Is it as utter shit as it looks?

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

Yes it is pure shite

1 Like

Watching this on Netflix. It’s fairly good alright. Pleasantly surprised.

1 Like

Watched Nocturnal Animals tonight. Thumbs up. Very tense. First half an hour is brilliant.

1 Like

I watched the Steve Jobs movie with Fassbender in the lead role this weekend. Really good. Surprisingly so. The two hours fly by. The script and the direction deserve a lot of credit but I think Fassbender is just a sure thing at this point. I watched his Macbeth movie a while back and he’s fantastic in that too.

Sorkin is a wonderful writer. Its written as a play, and filmed as such. Good performances all round. Not sure how true it is, but its well put together and good entertainment. Fassbender is a fine actor.

Just got back from ‘Logan’ - well worth watching, one of those super-hero movies that both super-hero and non super-hero fans would like. Almost more of a western than a super-hero movie.

I liked this a lot, but fucking hell they had some utterly bizarre ‘funny’ moments at the strangest moments in this. The director had a weird sense of humour.

Affleck is a unique actor, I’ve yet to see him in a bad movie. That ‘Jesse James’ movie was excellent, even if it got mixed reviews. Shame he is a rapist cunt.

Looking forward to seeing ‘Get Out’ and ‘Moonlight’ over the coming weeks.