Good Fillums

City beneath the Sea on now on bbc1, Its quality I love those 1960’/70’s sci fi films

You weird cunt

I watched a very good film at the weekend, The Look of Love (2013) about the life of Paul Raymond, the publisher of Men Only and at one time the richest man in Britain cc @Tassotti .
Steve Coogan plays Raymond and is his usual excellent self, perfectly cast. Anna Friel is as hot as ever alongside a number of nubile, stunning women. Aside from Raymond’s daughter, who the film is ostensibly about, who is not hot. It moves along at a cracking pace, very enjoyable, even if the ultimate subject matter is not. I’d highly recommend it.

While no doubt a talented actor in his own right, I can’t but look at Coogan and think “Ah-Ha!”.

That’s the thing about him though. You could see him playing bits and pieces of Alan Partridge throughout, he knows he’s lumbered with that character and rather than try to go against it, he somehow manages to bring a little bit of Alan to every role. He was excellent in this film, perfectly cast, I think he’s a fantastic actor.
The stuff he does with Rob Bryden is brilliant.

Half way through this and it’s hard to see John making it to the end.

1 Like

I enjoyed Ghost in the Shell.

How did he get on after?

Would you believe, he killed every one of the cunts. Even killed two lads with a pencil.

2 Likes

Unrale. Only saw it a few months back. A proper action caper

1 Like

He loved that dog

Just watched ‘My name is Lenny’ about Lenny McLean, very enjoyable movie

Magnum Force on TNT at the moment

City of Ghosts is absolutely unreal

I saw that Dunkirk last night, expected a lot better to be honest and was half sorry I didn’t go to war of the planet of the apes instead. I’d give it 7/10 at best.

I watched The Spy Who Came in from the Cold at the weekend (1965) with Richard Burton, Claire Bloom and our own Cyril Cusack as Control. An excellent, claustrophobic film, I found the ending quite shocking. Can’t believe I’ve never seen it before as it is of the oeuvre I appreciate. Burton was a remarkable actor.
Partly shot in Ardmore Studios also.

1 Like

Dunkirk is one of the best films of the last 45 years, it is absolutely unreal

A triumph of the British spirit

it was really a British victory when you think about it

It was of course.

1 Like