Good Fillums

Jesus that’s a class enough list SS - so class I haven’t seen half of them.

Bought The Lives of Others and La Haine a few weeks ago but haven’t seen either of them yet.

Didn’t like Lost in Translation - thought it was ok but not brilliant.

Tigerland is very good. Saw that in the cinema and thought it was well worht a watch.

Read Papillon but I’ve never seen it.

Edukators is very good.

Glengarry Glenross should have been on my original list. Superb film.

Quite a comprehensive list SS. I try to keep away from such lists as you could always leave off a classic such as Unforgiven or The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. I’d be terrified to try name out my favourite movies, but I will always give a nod to the sublime LA Confidential.

Three Colours Red in there was a great shout as well…

Rock - what about Kez?

I just cut and pasted my film list from my ‘social networking’ site. Those two foreign films you have yet to see are both excellent. La Haine is deadly.

I really liked Lost In Translation, sound track, cinematography, great fun, romantic.
I would be in a minority aswell listing Eyes Wide Shut, flawed but atmospheric and with a haunting score.

This is England is very good. Really enjoyed it. Quite funny in places too.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Three Colours Red in there was a great shout as well…

Rock - what about Kez?[/quote]

Yeah Kez too. Forgot that as well.

Star Wars, the whole lot of them.

Even The Phantom Menace?!

Ok Phantom Menace isn’t the best but it does set up the next film. Plus it has Darth Maul and the double ended light sabre. It was class when it was shown for the first time.

Yea but all that bullshit in the senate, Jar Jar, the revisionism of the “testing” of the boy? I dunno, there can be no excuse for Phantom Menace as there can be no excuse for Kingdom Of The Crystal Skulls.

[quote=“BenShermin”]In no particular order:

Shawshank Redemption
Quadrophenia
A Clockwork Orange
Trainspotting[/quote]

Maybe I dont get it but I though Clockwork oprange was terrible shite to be honest. Havent seen Quadrophenia but other two would be on my list

Glengarry Glenross
Trainspotting (book is better)
Godfather (book is better)
Goodfellas
Pulp Fiction

Recently
No Country for old men is excellent
Juno surprisingly good

Quadrophenia is purely a mod movie, if you’re not into the scene or its history it probably wouldn’t be of much interest.

do the right thing,a spike Lee film.brilliant

watched both “no country for old men” and “control” over the weekend…

no country for old men was good but no great…excellently shot and some powerful acting from brolin and javier bardem(i bet flano has a haircut like yourman)…disappointed with the ending but would definately recommend it…

thought control was excellent…very bleak and depressing…wouldn’t have known much about ian curtis or joy division beforehand…a tortured soul…well shot and the black and white added to it…watch it…

TDK.

Blown away. Fantastic.

Two golden oldies over the weekend for me:

John Boorman’s The General - fantastic performance by Brendan Gleeson as Cahill and John Voight as the old guard (best Irish accent ever) but flawed in way. Making a film about a prized scumbag such Cahill, glamourising his life and turning him into a tragic hero is wrong.

The Exorcist - a decent film but not scary at all - more shocking. Some incredible scenes in it with the spider walk and the turning of the head right around. All the more disturbing when some of the lines such as ‘cunt’ coming out of the mouth of a 12 year old girl…

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]

John Boorman’s The General - fantastic performance by Brendan Gleeson as Cahill and John Voight as the old guard (best Irish accent ever) but flawed in way. Making a film about a prized scumbag such Cahill, glamourising his life and turning him into a tragic hero is wrong.[/quote]

Agreed. Havent seen fit to watch it yet for that reason.

Watched In Bruges again over the weekend, fantastic film.

I thought The Wind That Shakes The Barley was poor enough, take away the bit of history and you’re left with bad acting and the usual hero/villan/love interest crap

Ah it is fairly entertaining and a good watch but you just have to remember that he was a scumbag…

The worst film I have ever seen is ‘Ordinary Decent Criminal’ which is also based on Cahill with Kevin Spacey in the lead role. Man that is so bad I don’t know where to start criticising it.