Good Fillums

Went as a family to Goodbye Christopher Robin this evening, including surly, too cool for school 14 year old.
It’s a wonderful film, beautifully scripted and with some excellent performances, not least Domhnall Gleeson who I thought was remarkable as A.A Milne.
I’m not ashamed to say I teared up at a crucial point. Something for everyone, 14 year old thought it was brilliant, wife loved it, husband suggested it, so brownie points too. Highly recommend it, probably good for kids 12+.
I’d give it 8/10

1 Like

Murder on the Orient Express this evening, visually it was pleasing but it was lacking something

There’s a new film coming out soon lads, The Foreigner, Jackie Chan v the ra, its going to be epic, he comes over to Belfast and bates the shite out of them, class

@HBV @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy @Bandage @Rocko @caoimhaoin

3 Likes

:grinning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTrA_LJw1lg

Wouldn’t it be terrific if that useless fucker @Rocko promoted you to Head of Technical Services thus ensuring smoother “updates”…

1 Like

this just gets better and better, guess who is playing a jarry adams type figure
https://www.independent.ie/incoming/article34363831.ece/BINARY/gerry.jpg

:joy:

5 Likes

Two words @anon67715551 … pagination.

Watched this at the weekend - good watch. Carrell is very good.

1 Like

Netflix have a documentary on the true story. I watched it at the weekend and it’s even stranger than the fiction. We’ll worth a look too

1 Like

My uncle met Brosnan “somewhere foreign” years ago - they’d a feed of pints and watched some GAA. He said pierce was a decent skin.

The big roaster has a framed photo of himself with Brosnan up in the kitchen since :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Has he replaced his sacred heart photo with it :joy::joy:

I met himself and the wife at a play in NY once.A nice auld divil.

@Fagan_ODowd any idea if what’s going on in Waterford FG? Selection convention was on tonight, Deasy is out of the country and his name ends up not getting put forward. Subsequently emerges that the cheap fuck had let his membership lapse and wouldn’t have been eligible anyway. Seems comical altogether.

+1 pal. Branaghs character tried too hard to be entertaining.

Three billboards outside ebbings Missouri last night. Simply unrale.

1 Like

Jaysus not a hope that the sacred heart is coming down pal

Ivan Yates had it yday evening on radio that deasy had just had an operation and couldnt attend last night but that likley FG would hold spot open for him

Battle of the sexes last night, I really enjoyed it so I did, for some reason I found the lesbian thing very interesting and it kind of turned me on to be honest, the powerfully understated intimacy of the love scenes. The lad who played bobby riggs was brilliant

Najlepszy tonight, absolutely unreal film about Jerzy Gorski, a junkie who became one of the worlds greatest ironman athletes

1 Like

just back from “The Disaster Artist” very entertaining