Good Fillums

its unreal, the wild west was a very harsh environment

1 Like

I was very sick as an infant. In the pre-antibiotic age I would have died before I was one.

1 Like

I absolutely love wild west movies or TV programmes. I even watched a modern western last night starring Ethan Hawke that was shit but i enjoyed it for the background, costumes, scenery, spitting, shooting, riding horses, whores, cussing. There was an Oirish drunkard priest came up in it which i thought was a very accurate depiction.

1 Like

My grandfather ( God rest him) thought the VCR was the best invention ever and used to send me down on a Saturday to rent out a minimum of two westerns and two ww2 movies

3 Likes

My grandfather was the same. Happy out watching John Wayne movies on repeat.

1 Like

Did the fella in the shop and grandad tell you they were ahem “westerns “ :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yea. That was my Grandfather to a tee. He’d watch Wayne all day long if he could

They were chief.

I’m sure they were .

Worth seeing. Good cast, beautifully filmed and scored.

1 Like

I can’t stop think about “Darkest Hour” its some film, I was researching George VI there, he was a great man, a great man, a lovely man

The fella in our local video shop used to be known as momma.

He had a selection of what he called “oh momma make the tae” movies i.e. when it would get saucy it was time for momma to make the tae :blush:

there was an awful pervert running a video shop on Douglass street years ago

Is it better than Dunkirk?

Bertie.

yes, a lot better

George was a great family man, he went to Heathrow to see off Elizabeth on a African tour when he was dying against all medical advice, the pictures of him waving her off was very sad

Gary Oldman brought a lovely vulnerability to Winston Churchill, I love the way Churchill faced down that lickspittle Neville Chamberlin and Lord Halifax, it put an awful strain on him

2 Likes

Watching Patton here on Film 4 +1

just saw “The Post” there, Meryl Streep gave a very good performance