Good Fillums

Was the one with John C Reily any good – Piss take of Johnny Cash movie I think

cc @Watchyourtoes

Also - Police Squad … :clap:

Walk hard the Dewey cox story,it’s OK funny at times Reilly is very hit or miss and he struggles even in a comedy as the main character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCa1w4QeJYI

5 Likes

Leslie Nielsen was brilliant at slapstick comedy,Canada has given us some of the best like John Candy,Mike Myers,Jim Carrey,Dan Aykroyd,Rick Moranis and Eugeny Levy among others.

1 Like

I watched “Ferdinand” (the animated movie about Spanish bull fighting) the other day with the kids, and it was better than a load of acclaimed movies I’ve watched in the past while. I get that enjoyment or taste in movies is a subjective thing, but a lot of them seem to want to be arty shite with strange soundtracks to be different.

4 Likes

Snowflakes are running Hollywood at the moment. I 've seen nearly every “big” film this year. 50% of them are pure scutter. That’s the way It is gone now. There’s great films coming out of Poland lately.

2 Likes

Poland?

Yes. Poland.

Any chance of a few examples?

Black Swan was decent I thought.

1 Like

Coco is a lovely little movie.

As I said earlier, Get Out is decent.

Thor Ragnarok was tremendous fun if you’re into the MCU.

1 Like

What’s Polish about that?

do you follow the film thread at all? I have tagged two savage polish films already this year

One very memorable scene in it.

1 Like

Turned off The Shape of Water after 45 minutes the other night. Couldn’t get into it although I was half pissed.

I’d say by the sounds of it, it would even be a struggle if one was fully pissed.

No. Gratuitous violence is the only way to go.

Watched The Death of Stalin the other night. Dark comedy. Enjoyable. A solid 7/10.

The first one was playing at the cinema in Dundalk on Sunday night and a massive contingent of Polaks went into it

Shape of Water is a lovely film.