Great Sporting Pictures sponsored by Sportsfile (now incorporating videos)

Your county board seem to think differently mate. Is Wexford a rugby mad county these days ?

1 Like

Little v Large

3 Likes

Hon the Lockes

1 Like

There’s a thread for this Harry, please use it from now on. Here’s a link…

4 Likes

Great, great, great sporting picture. Brian Feeney covered in the blood, sweat and tears it took to win an All-Ireland. And to think @Matty_Hislop tried to demote the greatness of this great sporting picture to some bog standard thread.

1 Like

Wrong thread for that pic, I know you are new in these parts so I’ll give you a Mulligan this time. From now on post these types of photos in this thread please

3 Likes

Is that a live photo during game time? If so, how in the name of fuck did the photographer get it?

I’m calling a photoshoot on this one. but will be delighted to be proven wrong.

Possibly when he was about to run out onto the pitch at the start. You get photographers lying down looking for those type of shots.

Thanks for that. In my defence, greatness is entirely subjective. For a small club to win an All-Ireland title falls within the scope of “great” in my book. Hence, the picture of Feeney will stand in this thread as a great sporting picture. More so than a photograph of an American foozeballers ass.

I might edit the above post, just to make sure when people google “great” they find it.

1 Like

I can’t see that not being a staged photo. I am naturally cynical but i just can’t see it. The parting of the clouds too…no way.

Outstanding, @bandage pretty much had it, it was a smoke machine :clap:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/cam-newton-god-photo_5638c3aee4b027f9b96a0475

As much as this incredible photo suggests, no, Cam Newton did not recently visit heaven and see St. Peter’s pearly gates. This is just what happens when great players are surrounded by pregame smoke machines.

Thrust from the clouds, Newton and his Carolina Panthers advanced to 7-0 on Monday night in a gutsy 26-23 win over the Indianapolis Colts. Heavy rains made for sloppy play, with Newton only completing 16 of 35 passes for 248 yards, but his 44 yards gained rushing and two touchdown passes (a would-be game-winning third touchdown was horribly dropped) was enough to make the Panthers the NFL’s fourth simultaneous undefeated team – a first in NFL history. The Bengals, Broncos and Patriots also currently hold 7-0 records.

That’s God-level stuff right there.

1 Like

It’s a smoke machine.

Another angle here from an older picture https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/cam-newton-robert-griffin-iii-both-suffered-year-two-slumps--and-newton-rebounded/2013/12/20/e707ed7c-698f-11e3-8b5b-a77187b716a3_story.html

Bit late but ya its his entrance. More apt following yesterday’s performance.

1 Like

Mets Fans’ react to Eric Hosmer scoring base stealing tying run in 9th inning of WS game 5

2 Likes

2 Likes

There was another good one doing the round taken from a bit further to the right with a load of our players in the background. Post that one please, mate.

1 Like