Greyhounds Matters 🐐 - Supporting Rural Ireland

The owner is supposedly dodgy as fuck.
The Man Behind The Wire Alluded to drugs going missing
One of the leading (former / allegedly) drug dealers in Limerick is then arrested with the dog after holding it for ransom.

After all he’s gotten away with this would be some way for Keane to go down

Whats the normal sentence for robbing someone elses animal?

Fuck all I’d say but attempted extortion/ransom can carry a relatively serious penalty.

IS this fella an ante post bet for English grey hound derby?

How can they prove it? You’d assume these guys would be smart enough to not leave a trace of any ransom demands?

GANG boss and drug dealer Christy Keane has been arrested following the theft of a greyhound worth an estimated €1m.

The trainer of Clares Rocket confirmed this morning that a ransom was demanded for the safe return of the dog.

From the article. They demanded a ransom, Keane was caught with the dog. Seems straight forward enough to me.

Wouldnt be surprised if no charges / complaints came from this.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

you could be right…Apparently the dog is staying quiet when the cops questioned him

1 Like

He’d be barking mad to testify against Christy Keane. Things could get pretty ruff for him .

2 Likes

What does your man Cahill do for a living does anyone know? Must be a well paying job to have so many good greyhounds with trainers. I reckon Holland would cost €400-500 a month to train one dog, excluding vets fees and petrol money.

1 Like

An ordinary decent criminal!!

I hear he is well got in the army

Explosives unit???

Apparently his oul lad was a high ranking officer*
*Allegedly

His name sake??? Is that his father???

Is he from Newcastlewest

I thought he was from Garryowen?

Would Holland be getting paid by these lads for training? Can’t imagine he’d have much incentive to fight back if they didn’t pay him