Greyhounds Matters 🐐 - Supporting Rural Ireland

Thats one of the best interviews Ive ever read from the Leader.

They’re smiling after the whole escapade anyway!

Bump.

In fairness the Limerick gangland throws up some cracking stories. That’s a great auld yarn.

1 Like

Sorted!

Vindicated buddy :joy:

Spot on.

That’s top fucking class. What a story :sweat_smile:. Pictured with the owner then and all. You couldn’t make it up and if the two lads in the syndicate are backing it up then there’s no chance of a conviction :clap:

2 Likes

Ah that’s priceless :laughing:

My sources tell me their version of events is largely true!

Class. The guards must be seething

“My wife and daughter are embarrassed about it”

You could not make that up.:relaxed:

The Harty’s?

Nat a word of a lie basss

“I won the Sunday Millions online a couple of years ago.” That clears up my own question as to the source of income. He’s been living off a poker win for a few years.

Lads it’s great to see the greyhound sport in the headlines and with a feel good story to boot.

1 Like

He’s such a lucky guy. Really living the dream.

Limerick Greyhound stadium will sink the IGB yet. How did they spend €21 million on it?

Its a cracking story that involves

• Bord na gCon
  • The horse racecourse company (and its beneficial owners).
  • The purchase of a landlocked site in Clare.
    Moral of the story is if the site isn’t suitable to build on then no matter how many sweetheart deals are put in place… find somewhere suitable.

I heard some discussion on this recently. Apparently Harolds Cross would need to be rezoned to be worth any big money?

Ya it’s zoned for use as recreational at the minute which means it’s of fuck all use to most potential purchasers. I’m sure getting it rezoned residential is possible given the shortage of housing in Dublin at the minute though.

I think it’s already been rejected a few times.

Limerick is fucked. I remember the time it was opened they had a big article in the Leader about what a success it had been, they gave the figures as to how many patrons they had in and the profit they turned. When you broke it down it looked like they were only making a profit of a couple of euro ahead and that was when the novelty value was at its highest. I don’t know how they will sustain it into the future. JP already gave them a dig out in buying the Markets Field.