Greyhounds Matters 🐐 - Supporting Rural Ireland

Like Limerick FC they should never have left the Markets Field. Imagine what they could have done with €10million at the markets field. Do the horsey crowd still own the rest of the old race track?

Yes… the racecourse company do or the directors of the racecourse do in some fashion

Worth a few bob now that’s it’s been designated for fast track development.

Shelbourne would be worth double what Harold’s Cross will be in time. Wonder why they don’t sell that and upgrade HC. Both are equally difficult to get to.

Rank outsider Astute Missle wins the Derby for Seamus Cahill at a whopping 28/1.

Was sure Shay would chase him down off the last bend

I would have put my mortgage on it.

Missing?

Wrist injury

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

What a stupid bet to take on. 40k at 3/10 that a dog won’t win the Derby. That’s a handy 12k profit for whoever put that on, assuming Ben pays out.

Not a chance they’ll pay out I’d say

1 Like

Would It not be treated as an Antepost bet ?

They should do though since they were stupid enough to accept it. I mean in order to offer that market on site they’d have had plenty of time to weigh it up and think about it. It wasn’t a palp it was just an unscrupulous or sharp punter, call him what you want, who put it on and pulled their pants down in the process.

Be a void bet.

Why?

If they prove the dog was injured the bet was laid then it’s a void bet.

How do they prove that? How is Ben whatever his name is going to do that? He’s not going to pay for an external vet to go out and inspect the dog to prove injury was there before bet laid. Now as far as i understand the injury news did indeed become public knowledge very soon after the bet was struck so if the punter was clever enough (assuming he is connected to owners/trainer) then he surely should have waited maybe 2-3 days to announce it.

As far as i’m concerned if the bookie was naive enough to offer that market and then stupid enough to lay a big bet then he has to honor that bet. Essentially he was depending on punters having honour or scruples etc not to use insider knowledge to pull his pants down. I don’t think he should have the right to cry over spilled milk now after the event. He had every chance not to offer that market and every chance to turn down the bet.

I’d love @SHANNONSIDER take on this.

:grinning: