Greyhounds Matters 🐐 - Supporting Rural Ireland

I was collecting some money.

:dembele:

2 Likes

That’s not bad. €285 to win an A8. I had a dog running for less prize money in A1 company not long ago. Even if you won every race you were in, which might be monthly or every three weeks, you couldn’t be in profit after training fees were deducted. There will be no greyhound on the scale we have it now in 20yrs time. There might be a handful of tracks retained for Saturday night business.

I presume the only thing keeping the tracks open is the money from it being screened in bookies, and a few loyal folks who are probably in their 60’s or 70’s now.

I was at the local coursing meeting there on Sunday. Its almost sad to see what its become now. Most the folks there either working or with a dog running. Practically no one betting on it beyond the owners on their own dogs.

Ya the coursing seems to be gone back a bit this year, have been at a couple of meetings where there has been no bookie and half the crowd have left after the break on a Saturday. Now saying that was in Listowel, Ballyduff and Newcastle West last Sunday and the crowds were very strong and Berkie willing to lay any kind of money.

Big big Coursing country down Listowel way.

Ah yeah, North Kerry would be the best in the country with regards to facilities and crowds.

See anything that stood out at those meetings?

The Newinn bitch was a class apart in Listowel, the runner up there was beaten in final in NCW. She led everything in NCW 3/4 l’s from slips (including final). Tom Saleens dog in Ballyduff has something about him. The Dowlings must think a bit of Ballymac Bingo as i taught the comrade that won the cup in Rathkeale the same day was more impressive, he’s been backed from 25’s to 14’s with berkie. I still think though that the Derby winner hasn’t qualified yet!

1 Like

I think Timmy Hammersley might be spot on with his comments there

Dorotas Wildcat last in its heat for the Winter Derby. Was 1/5 to win the heat :open_mouth:

Stewards inquiry?? Sounds like a gambling stroke?

Be fucked out.

How much can he claim for off that rag cc @artfoley

Ah lads :see_no_evil:

What will happen after that tonight? Sweet fuck all I’d imagine.