Greyhounds Matters šŸ - Supporting Rural Ireland

Well seeing as Shannonsider** and Hangblaa are over here as well thereā€™s no reason why we cant have the thread here as well!

Only got up there late tonight but College Causeway looked the best dog on show by what I saw. Got 2 or 3 bad bumps going around and still romped home with the best time of the night. Looks like a machine and could be worth a few quid to win it outright now. Will be checking his price in the morning.

CC was awesome tonight, such a strong running dog. Seemed to lead ā€˜Underā€™ then got shunted and Under went on, battled back but got checked at 3. Then seemed to get sick of the English kunt and pissed up his inner and put the matter to rest in a matter of strides. Really powered home. What would he have done if not getting knocked about? Hope he hasnā€™t peaked too soon.

Hope not. Know some lads who are involved with the winner of the last so thats why I was up there. Seems a good dog but ran the slowest winning time of the night so not sure how to read into it. Not complaining though cos won a bit on him tonight and have him at 200/1 to win it outright.

Wasnā€™t that impressed by the Tyrur who won it last year at all. Early days I suppose. His last run out before tonight seemed to be a bit of a stinker.

Good enough for me lads. Backing College Causeway as soon as they price it up on Paddy. I know nothing about greyhounds but got stung on one before.

My bro used to work in the industry so was decently connected. Bought a dog for my da from some lad and had it trained somewhere (Iā€™m not great on the specifics as you can see) and it ran a few races and did ok. Won one early enough and then just mediocrity for another half dozen or so. Then had another race and da rang the trainer about it and he said not to bother coming that heā€™d no chance and wasnā€™t running to win so da didnā€™t show up and didnā€™t back it obviously. Fecker won and the price history the next day showed heā€™d been backed in hugely on a massive gamble - again donā€™t remember the details but it was a huge swing. Trainer obviously in on the gamble but pure prick not to let the owner get a piece of it.

Anyway da sold the dog a couple of weeks later - lost all heart in the thing then.

Sorry to be hijacking your thread, just thought Iā€™d share that with ye for no reason. College Causeway it is so!

12/1 on betfair

[quote=ā€œtherock67ā€]Good enough for me lads. Backing College Causeway as soon as they price it up on Paddy. I know nothing about greyhounds but got stung on one before.

My bro used to work in the industry so was decently connected. Bought a dog for my da from some lad and had it trained somewhere (Iā€™m not great on the specifics as you can see) and it ran a few races and did ok. Won one early enough and then just mediocrity for another half dozen or so. Then had another race and da rang the trainer about it and he said not to bother coming that heā€™d no chance and wasnā€™t running to win so da didnā€™t show up and didnā€™t back it obviously. Fecker won and the price history the next day showed heā€™d been backed in hugely on a massive gamble - again donā€™t remember the details but it was a huge swing. Trainer obviously in on the gamble but pure prick not to let the owner get a piece of it.
[/quote]

Ah thatā€™s sick. Iā€™d be dug out of the fucker. A well known Limerick horse trainer pulled a very similar stunt before, running the horse while the owner was on holidays and landing a massive gamble and the owner wasnā€™t in for a penny of it.

Have a bitch myself at the moment, but itā€™ll be a few months yet before she races.

Sorry for a further thread hijack but my own greyhound owning days involved being in a syndicate led by Appendage about 4 years ago. The best the yoke did was come 3rd in Enniscorthy or somewhere one night and we flogged it after about 6 months to some unsuspecting character in England. I had dreams of Irish Derby nights in Shelbourne Park but it wasnā€™t meant to be. I havenā€™t watched a greyhound race in anger since - itā€™s just too painful. Iā€™ll back that one at 12/1 though based on what Iā€™ve read above.

Mac, sont know how I will keep two threads up and running on this !!

Anyway, will watch all teh first round videos sunda morning maybe and gether my thoughts then.

Great competition.

Blaa or SS** - how have the second round of the heats gone? I only saw the last 2 races last night. Had the winner of the last again last night at 6/1 - same dog I was up looking at last Thursday week. Slow enough time but a hoor of a finish to get up by a nose. Doubt heā€™ll go far but 2 wins at 6/1 in 2 derby heats wouldnt be laughed at.

What state was the track in last night? Saw College Causeways time was slow enough but didnt see the race. Few sub 30 runs but was there anything there to impress yez?

Great performance again on Saturday from CC. Recovered well from the bump on the first bend. Tough draw for the semi now as well.
Disappointing to see Kilahran Panther go out as well. Seemed to take a very nasty spill.

Some upset in the second semi final. Causeway is out. A stinker of a run and bumped out on a couple of bends. Hope NCC laid him off to make some money back. Machu Pichu is my pick for the final.

Looking forward to HQ tomorrow nightā€¦ Looking throught the card olympic show maybe my only bet. Looking forward to seeing Tyrur Giovanni after he put in a smashing run during race week.

Would love to see Machu Picchu win itā€¦ Plenty of Dise connections, just hope the occasion doesnt get to him, but he is in with a right chance because there a none of Hennessyā€™s Black and Amber kennel runners agianst himā€¦

Just back from the Puppy Derby 1st round, absolutely mobbed down at the X tonight. Some seriously good pups on show, perhaps none better than the dog beaten in the 3rd heat, Timor Blue, beaten by Ballymac Bondi those two are right weapons and look good prospects. Romance Alsation did very well to forge clear too. Only had one bet, Droopys Noel.

As for the Derby, I am on Ruso but a judge I greatly respect says his split times to the sprint boxes arenā€™t good enough to lead this field so Iā€™m a bit disheartened. Who knows though.

backed macchu pichu(since mac said he would win) at 16ā€™s this morningā€¦better odds than i thought he would beā€¦

Tension building up now. Cant get to HQ this evening so am stuck with RTEs coverage. Jimmy Barry Murphy as co-analyst in the studio!

Rockmount Pride backed from 5-1 into 9/4 for the 9.05

Shelbourne Aston goes from 5th on the last bend to winning by a short head. What a finish. Iā€™d say the bookies were cleaned out on this fella.

know little or nothing about greyhound racing but that was a fair exciting raceā€¦disappointed that macchu pichu didnā€™t come inā€¦i guess i will never see that tonne again mac;)ā€¦

Aston is a remarkable dog. But Iā€™m not a fan of connections since Boavista failed the drug test in Limerick.

some race !

SS**, i would have similar feelings to yourself about the connections of Aston.

Aside, what do ye make of the breeding of Contador who won the 4th race in 28.49ā€¦ww Time Warp / Knoppogue Class

I havent seen any of the puppy races from Friday yet, but i was in Kilkenny for the Langtons Derby and saw Ullid conor break the 300 TRECā€¦ what a run (15.99).