Greyhounds Matters 🐐 - Supporting Rural Ireland

This was him

Dolores Ruth will be on the news shortly to put the boot into Holland it would seem. She has never had a single failed test in a long and successful career.

Clon_Laurels

Here’s a photo of the presentation when he won the Laurels, one of the nights he tested positive. Look at who’s in the background.

1 Like

Graeme is there himself?

Dolores Ruth: “Punishments aren’t strong enough. People need to be warned off.”

I can see them throwing the book at Holland here.

Didn’t Holland just spring from nowhere to being the most successful trainer in the country?

No that would be untrue he has been steadily coming for a good few years now after his move from England. But it would be correct to say he’d be considered the top trainer the last three years. Pat Buckley would be probably just below him and between them they’d be a good bit ahead of the rest of the pack. Interestingly Buckley has had his own problems with a high profile failed drug test. He successfully sued the IGB for a lot of money for damaged reputation.

Paul Hennessy, PJ Fahy and Dolores Ruth were all big trainers at one point too but are less big/successful these days.

The man that disappeared to nowhere from being the “Top Honcho” very very quickly!!! :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Agreed he fairly fell away to shit in recent years. He has made some bit of an ok comeback lately though with that English Derby winner Jaytee Jet for example.

Do you remember Top Honcho’s offspring, his sons in particular a lot of them were good race dogs. It was always a little ambition of mine to own one of his offspring. They used to command top dollar, and Brett Lee too.

Whatever became of Mildean Panther?

“The Frankel” of greyhound racing.

Mental Breakdown

1 Like

I was told he got wise to the game and just lost that determination he had. If i recall correctly he was moved at the height of his powers from his small time trainer to someone else (can’t recall who) and soon after he never really reached those heights again. You’d want your head examined to have bred off him. He was a total anomaly and had basically fuck all in his bloodline worth talking about. He bred nothing of note.

Yes I think he went from O’Flynn to Dolores Ruth.

Seemed to have the doggie world at his feet before bizarrely losing it.

How they decided to move him from O’Flynn i’ll never know because no-one had ever seen the likes of him to that point, and O’Flynn had been training him all along. The change of environment might have had a negative impact but if i recall correctly he had lost a bit of his lustre and his unbeaten run anyway just before the move. I could be wrong on that point.

Maybe the coke quality dropped

Correct, got wise to the game…and that just happens!!

Ballymac Galway runs out of steam on the home straight to be chinned by JayTee Dutch on the line in the first semi final. JayTee Dutch reminds me of my ol mucker College Causeway. He’s an incredible tracker.

Edit - it appears this wasn’t a semi final despite the commentator calling it one :rollseyes:

1 Like

One of the dogs was called “Homeless Darkie” in one of the races earlier

I detest Ger Canning

1 Like

He’s back on commentary duties for the football tomorrow