Greyhounds Matters šŸ - Supporting Rural Ireland

Fuck me, thatā€™s depressing to read. Isnā€™t there enough things for degenerates to bet on at that hour without us needing to get involved.

You can bet on the Aussie Dags in Irish betting shops so I assume youā€™ll be able to bet on the Irish Dags over in Oz

Do the Ozzies still have a problem with the gambling?

One of the lads was telling me theyā€™re murder for the slot machines in the pubs

A wall of slot machines and a Tote style bookies in the majority of pubs over there.

As said they are utter hoors for fruit machines and pokiex .

cunting things should be banned from all pubs

I worked in a pub in Limerick and youā€™d see poor fuckers coming in firing in the dole into a poker machine

1 Like

His main point in the whole article was shops opening at ten was incorrect, they can open at 9 in Ireland if they wish. Think UK is even earlier.

Will they even open the doors to the public I wonder.

Them arcades too are a trap .

Doubt it. What about the poor dogs who have to get out of bed at an ungodly hour to run?

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy used to talk about how they needed more of those machines in Australia and that every country should have them. He was a massive fan of the FOBT drive that took place a few years ago here too.

2 Likes

Just want to point out to any newbies that @Macā€™s wife runs an amusement arcade in new ross

4 Likes

Watched one of these races at Kilkenny this morning. Fairly dismal stuff, shite camera angle failing to catch a lot of the action in murky conditions.

Canā€™t see it lasting too long.

Iā€™d imagine if your betting on this it barely matters to you if you can see it or not

The Prize money isnā€™t exactly greatā€¦

https://www.igb.ie/results/view-results/?track=KKY&date=12-Dec-2018#race1

I doubt the dogs are either. Last stop before the slow boat to China

That would be the norm for any run of the mill race at any track.

Why were you in a bookies at 9.30am? Thatā€™s the bigger question here