Guess The Rat

Start with surnames as first names.

When I was young and living in rural Kilkenny there was always a couple of elderly English lads living locally. They’d keep to themselves. Wouldn’t go to the pub or mix locally. They didn’t shop locally or go to mass. The local RA boys would have them singled out as spies.

They lived in a rural bungalow. They’d stay about five years. Then another couple would move in, or one might just leave. They’d spend most of the day driving around a modest car. They never bothered anybody and nobody ever bothered them either.

Looking back on it now, they were probably just two old gay lads who decided to live the quiet life over here away from people who might judge them. But we had them labelled as spies.

4 Likes

Up around Bigwood was a known hotbed of IRA activity

Foreign affairs is a weird little department of its own that is kind of removed from government affairs. Youd get fuck all useful info out of it. I’d say it’s justice. Justice or finance would be the only ones worth a shit.

Cathal MacUaithne it is

I never heard of Bigwood, so I had a google.
Looks like there’s one near Mullinavat.

Looks like the poor Google camera got caught in a tree around Bigwood. How apt.

Two poor cunts minding their own business and ye had them not only down as spies, but quare spies.

12 Likes

Correct in the hills above Vegas.

A real rarity for a government department alright

2 Likes

Double 061

2 Likes

At the foot of Tory Hill. My grandmother is from there

1 Like

fran has tory roots, whodathunkit

Tartin Braser

Hello Taoiseach

KK was rife with the RA back in the day but it doesn’t suit the “pissed in the powder” brigade who harp back to ‘98 :roll_eyes:

Tis fierce up around Clogh and The Swan there. Plenty of training camps back in the day. Me man I spoke of elsewhere re the columns and the song woulda been well in at the time. Once you moved south of there into the heart of Kilkenny it weakened. Like they weakened the gunpowder.

Neale before Zod.