Has anyone played soccer in scumhole council estates?

Dungiven ???

No. I’m the brother who loves the booze who could have been better except I’m shit and love booze.

1 Like

played lawn tennis at a pretty high standard

1 Like

Never got out of Derry , them whures Drum, Kevin Lynch’s in fact all South Derry bate us continuously, changed now thank God
Though put on a Donegal ( hurling) once , challenge match, they were short, and after I came on they were even shorter still

Intercounty? pfft

I have played for several years at European level.

11 Likes

Post up the painting job👍 or give us an honest opinion of it, was it ok I’m the end?
Does the cutty like it, it is she fostered out

The younger brother was a much better footballer than me. Played a good few games for Laois.
But I had a car before him and brought him and another lad from our club over to Tullamore for a challenge match v Offaly one Sunday morning.
Obviously, interest wasn’t very high that day as Laois could only gather 13 players which resulted in the youngest selector and myself “standing in the corners”.
I actually got a few OK touches before a car from Ballyroan arrived late with three lads in it thus ending my 15 minute inter county career.

42 Likes

You lucky bastard. Did you manage to rob the jersey?
I helped out a kk footballer over here a while back. The manager came over specially at the game to say thanks, and offered to pay for the little bit of trouble I went to. I just laughed and said not to worry, I’d rob a jersey.
Ten mins after the game finished he came over with a jersey. I greatly appreciated the gesture, especially as it was 11, and had a bit of blood on.
I’d have asked Locke or Fran to get canice to sign it, had it framed, and pretended it was his, but I know how little cash flows round kk football, and refused. I still get a bit of a lift when I think of the gesture though.

1 Like

Played minor^ but didn’t go any further. There’s a forumite on here who has played in croke park on all Ireland hurling day :shushing_face:

^football

1 Like

So you were in Artane for a spell… Nasty spot.

5 Likes

Not I or who I’m talking about went to Artane (thank God)

:raised_back_of_hand: mise against galway under 14s o conner was over us . We won by 5 points .

2 Likes

Were you playing for the Limerick seniors at the time?

No I was playing against rob Kearney, Devlin toner , johnny sexton , keith Earl’s, Sean cronin , etc. Couldnt do everything ffs

I did in my shite rob the jersey. I hadn’t it off my back before Ollie Byrne had the hand out for it. Good story for the pub though.

1 Like

Who was on the Limerick team with you?

I was called onto league panel one year but declined the invitation. I was still U21 and had been dropped off that panel earlier that year for going missing, both on and off the pitch… . I had a year left u21 so went back out with them , ended in tears again. .that was me done with ever guarding the three castles…

12 Likes

U21 football for Tipp

16 Likes

Well done

Sshhhh! Those were dark days…

1 Like