Hello Ewan

Typical Paddy insecurity, Fagan. “Shure we’re really great, aren’t we…”???

we need oz to smash argentina now to see what the narrative is

6 Likes

Winner

Please God let the Warrior Giteua score the winning try

it’ll be ‘the huge effort needed to beat this oirland team meant the argies were out on their feet’ or if nos pumas win "oirland were just a few injuries away from a world cup final’ all eventualities are catered for

3 Likes
1 Like

Unreal, unbelievable.

Cooper is seething.

This World Cup was meant to be a coronation for his beloved IRFU team and he was going to be the anchor when it cut back to the studio after Paulie was presented with the cup.

Their reaction to Ewan in recent days is almost as funny as the capitulation against the Argies. How dare these Spartan warriors and modern day gladiators be held to account for bottling it.

It’s an over used phrase but Ewan has mugged them off. Mugged them all off good and proper. :clap:

7 Likes

Big time mate. I can see it happening too

Here’s an article Ewan wrote a couple of years back about then Kildare manager Kieran McGeeney, after Kildare had been thrashed by Dublin in the 2013 Leinster semi-final.

http://gaa.eir.ie/experience-speaks/2013/07/01/man-and-ball-lilies-have-short-memories

Ewan writes about McGeeney’s huge contribution to Kildare football, and how it was wrong for people to be sticking the knife into him and the team when they were down.

I think it’s a very balanced, measured and nuanced article myself,and I found myself agreeing with almost all of it, even if it’s clear that Ewan likely has personal friendships or relationships with McGeeney and many of the Kildare players.

It’s therefore very interesting to see how the same author now applies such different standards to the Irish rugby team and the coverage given to it, and comes across as such an extreme parody of those types of critics he previously railed against.

I’ve quoted some relevant extracts from the article which demonstrate Ewan’s double standards.

But toughest of all was to listen to others question what exactly McGeeney has done for Kildare and suggest it’s time he did the decent thing and walk, as if to ignore all the good and all the good days he has brought.

But none of that means Kildare football isn’t in a far better place than when he took over or that he shouldn’t be given far more time to continue to build.

Those who criticise McGeeney point to a lack of trophies. In his time, even Meath have won a Leinster title while he has failed to beat Dublin and fallen to lesser sides. But in a footballing world populated by elite teams that never slip up anymore, that cannot be the only measure of success.

We were also-rans who could barely compete with the middle-tier. Now we hardly ever lose to the middle-tier, even if the very best are beyond Kildare for the moment.

A lot of that is down to McGeeney and it’s wrong to slay him with the same standards he and nobody else set. Besides, it’s not just senior results that count for so much, but the structures that have been put in place.

There’s always a snigger about Kildare being constantly in transition and having endless excuses but that’s a false argument too. In 2008, McGeeney did well to get a poor group to an All Ireland quarter-final and come within a goal of a far superior Cork team.

In 2009 we travelled back to the last eight with far more hope and gave a Tyrone team that had visited the pinnacle a serious game. Then there were the ones that got away. In 2010 we should have won a semi-final with Down and given it to a nervous and underperforming Cork in the final.

In 2011 only Kevin Cassidy’s miracle point stopped them getting another shot at Dublin when there was nothing between the sides. Plenty of disappointments but nothing to complain about there, indeed the only real mark against McGeeney was last year’s defeats to Meath and Cork. They were the only inches given back after the yards he’s made in giant strides.

Yet because of McGeeney, all of that is suddenly redundant and Kildare are judged by the standards of the very elite when that has rarely been the case in the lifetime of anyone from the county. For that he deserves endless praise, not angry questioning.

1 Like

You couldn’t make this shit up. Actually, you probably could! The levels of delusion are going up to 11.

1 Like

Did you really go scouring Twitter for some random tweet by some random no mark just to annoy yourself? :laughing:

Rugby = BOX OFFICE.

1 Like

Nope - it was a reply to the Matt Cooper tweet Rocko posted. But I see what you did there!
#ohsidney!

These lads actually seem to continually CLAMP themselves. It’s truly amazing. :ronnyroar:

1 Like

You’re amazing

2 Likes

I think Ewan is putting his life in danger

Living in Brazil is pretty dangerous alright, but its still better than Athy.

A nothing article really. Yet again no real smoking gun.

Has anyone told ewan that three dodgiest blood values in the recently publicised drug scandal all belonged to raula, who denied denied denied until it was revealed in Parliament?