Help! Im 36 & don't know what to do!

Fireman jobs going in Limerick man. Be an adventure. In the club house with the lads waiting for a call. Fuck office life that’s what kills a man’s spirit.

5 Likes

O’Neills shorts would also be frowned upon.

1 Like

Have you thought of doing a bit of volunteering work? Plenty of opportunities out there to travel and do something that gives meaning and will be fulfilling for you. See if you can get a career break, take some time out to do some voluntary work, lots of options and you may find your true calling.

Also time to ditch the girlfriend. She sounds like she’s just a FB, don’t let yourself drift into a situation in a few years time where you’re just two people with the same surname that share a bed.

You never know what’s around the corner; I was all set to take a career break and head off to teach English when I was 33. I had secured a well paid job, bought my first home and was thinking “is this it?” A week after I paid the deposit to the agency I was to go with, I met my wife. That’s when everything began to go right. What’s meant for you won’t pass you by…

9 Likes

Serious competition for those spots, and you’d want to be in the shape of your life right now.

1 Like

That’s an utterly pathetic post.
I’d love to give you a good kick up in the hole.

4 Likes

Stop yapping and stop counting your colleagues sick days. Do some voluntary work in the evenings until you reach the point where you see that you’re in a privileged and fortunate position, one which you did fuck all to earn.
When you stop feeling sorry for yourself you’ll have a completely different outlook, and your colleagues will probably have a different outlook on you.
And congratulate the woman who got promoted ahead of you. Look her in the eye and mean it.

2 Likes

Yeah, not an easy gig to get by all accounts, know a few guys who went for it and ended up in the guards.

Tough job, you have to admire those fellas…saving that womans life last weekend in the river was unreal…given the darkness and tide etc.

1 Like

Ace the aptitude test and your golden.

Leave. Getting promoted there won’t make you happy either remove yourself from the situation.

I’d love to leave but I’ve just started building a house so screwed. For that other clown who reckons I’m in a privileged position, that’d easy to say and I know people are in a worse position than me but I can only live my own life not other people’s.

Are you in Amazon or Dell?

If you had you answer why were you asking?

You fool… The fitness test and the psych tests are the tough part. Into small contained space in the dark etc… lack of air…

1 Like

Sounds like your car

2 Likes

That first paragraph is very relatable, I could of wrote that myself.

Twud kill a man alright.

@Bandage writing a thesis here

1 Like

You need to introduce yourself to Mr. Peterson.

1 Like

Be yourself pal…everyone else is taken. …

Four options come to mind, pal.

1. Commence a focused search for external roles. Use your contacts to see if there are openings elsewhere. See if you find and speak to a useful recruiter (this may prove difficult). Get your CV in good shape. Get applying for roles.

2. Set aside your current frustration and make a renewed effort to get promoted. Meet or exceed targets and approach the person on the management team you despise the least to put forward your case. List your achievements and tell them why you’re deserving of promotion without being a dick about it. Say you enjoy working there but are eager to take the next step forward in your career and so on. Try get them onside.

3. If 2. fails then see if you can anything else out of them to help with 1. For example, if the cunts won’t promote you, then see if they’ll pay for a degree/diploma/other qualification that would be useful, add to your earning potential and make you more attractive to hire.

4. Admit once and for all that the BDO is the one original, true and greatest darts organisation on the planet.

1 Like

US multinationals see ambition as a weakness. Cease any visible signs immediately and down tools. Arrive between 5 and 10 minutes late every morning and leave on time. Avoid all eye contact on your way out and make yourself as unapproachable as possible while there. Promotion may not materialise but job satisfaction will grow immeasurably.

7 Likes