Coach Klopp - dream maker

case closed

All you have to do is look at the England national team managers of recent years to gauge the calibre of English manager available

1 Like

Again nothing to do with what i was saying and it does not mean an individual or individuals cannot be excellent managers.

Very often its just they do not get the chance. There is a culture right now that believes outside is best. I think its somewhat flawed.

Name these good English managers.

Name the good foreign ones

You referred to Pulis as a “complete chancer with only one way of doing things” a few months ago.

6 Likes

You have a few lads who have won Champions Leagues, Serie A titles, Bundesligas, Ligue 1 titles that are foreign.

Outside generally is best. English managers in general have their teams play soccer that is suited to technically poor, hard working players. Eddie Howe is different but he is very poor in the transfer market

With little relatively money sure

Name them and explain how tgey are so successful in England.

If they are so gifted they will be easy to.point out.

He’s had as much money as Claude Puel and Ronald Koeman had at Southampton.

1 Like

That’s a contradiction.

How many managers can be simultaneously successful in England at the same time?

They have proven themselves though, English managers have failed to do so.

Different argument though. I compared the smallest and boggest money pots. The question was how do you ascertain the answer.

Although given what i am looking at now i may have been a bit overly harsh. He is still quite a one type of manager though and thats why he would not do much better with better players.
But with same money and players what would he do? I theorize not much worse than Pep.

Koeman and Pochetinno didn’t have much money at Southampton. Same as Rodgers at Swansea. All these managers got jobs at bigger clubs because of how they did at the smaller clubs and the way their teams played particularly

The who discussion is about how they are not as good as people think because they are not adaptable. Great coaches go anywhere and make a difference.

This is the nub of my point.

Given that you have now contradicted yourself, you are now deciding to backtrack over the earlier contradictory statement which currently contradicts your latest viewpoint.

The logic of a simpleton.

1 Like

Pep’s been there less than a year. A bit early to be writing him off

If you have 5 great coaches at 5 clubs competing in the same competition then define making a difference?

Southamton have an incredible club system and support structure.

Remains to be seen how Koeman goes at Everton but they are 2 i would think could be wildly successful with more money and players

Neither are English.

Quit avoiding the elephant in the room and tell us who are these English managers.