Coach Klopp - dream maker

I’m only giving you the facts mate. Like I posted above, I’d wager this is driven by his agent or someone trying to get a move for him

1 Like

And the facts paint a happy coincidence occurred.

Jeff Astle, the recently deceased Ray Wilson, Jack Charlton, Billy McNeill, Frank Worthington, Nobby Stiles, Martin Peters to name but a few. It’s a long and very sorry list.

Karius got a bad concussion (the likelihood of which was flagged by some of the more insightful posters here the weekend of the game) and all most posters here can do is scoff at it and praise the player who perpetrated it, a player who has been sent off something like 25 times in his career.

a damning indictment on the kick and rush style of English football

3 Likes

Here you go KKK supporters.
A full thread on this laughable episode/ sport.

Karius is soft as shit.

Ray Wilkins was an alco.

Billy McNeill who you don’t appear to have heard of, wasn’t an English footballer. He captained Glasgow Celtic of Scotland to win the European Cup in 1967. Four of the other players you dismiss as ‘kick and rush’ exponents played on an England side that won the World Cup in 1966.

Oooft. You’ve schooled another pretend Celtic fan there Geoff.

Ray Wilkins and Ray Wilson were different people, mate.

Ray Wilkins was a lovely man who was renowned for his thoughtful, technical, silky passing style rather than for heading the ball.

Ray Wilson was a World Cup-winning left-back.

Both were Chelsea heroes, which, as a lifelong fan of the club, I’m surprised you’re not aware of.

Actually, scratch that, Ray Wilson never played for Chelsea at all. Which makes your confusion between the two worse.

1 Like

He must be permanently concussed.

you are on the wrong forum if you are trying to differentiate between the scotch and the english

@Cicero_Dandi? Confusing Ray Wilson and Ray Wilkins.

or @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy, a Glasgow Celtic fan who doesn’t appear to have heard of Billy McNeill.

1 Like

I’d say both of them have headed too many balls.

2 Likes

Huh.

All I said was Ray Wilkins was an alco.

1 Like

He was a recovered alcoholic. I guess you could say he had bottle - nobody has more bottle than recovered alcoholics.

Two months after his death I still deeply miss his relaxed, thoughtful, knowledgeable contributions to Sky Sports News’s mid-morning programming.

1 Like

Ray Wilkins wasn’t the subject of the discussion. Loris Karius and soccer players who have suffered from concussion/dementia was the issue been discussed. I had mentioned the recently deceased Ray Wilson, who had suffered from dementia in his final years just a few posts previously. In your permanent state of befuddlement you went and confused the recently deceased Ray Wilkins with the recently deceased Ray Wilson.

I said Ray Wilkins was an alco. What do you contend with that?

1 Like

You make that sound like a bad thing.

I’m suspicious of anybody who hasn’t gone through an alcoholic, or at least a not that far away from becoming an alcoholic, phase.

1 Like

If you’re seeing stars out there you need to get your head out of the clouds.

1 Like